This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    This plug-in is designed to interface Homeseer with any Google Chromecast or any device with Chromecast Built-in (Google Home, Android TV, etc...)

Please read the User Guide for more information

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder in /Updates3/Zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the Chromecast line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Please report any bug.

Changes to version 3.0.0.21
    - Only try two connection attempts in case of error
    - Limit the re-connection due to restart of discovery to the device which caused the error

Changes to version 3.0.0.20
    - Restart discovery when a connection error is detected.

Changes to version 3.0.0.19
    - Added possibility to use Google TTS
    - Added Duration device
    - Fixed potential thread safety issues in connect/disconnect

Changes to version 3.0.0.18
    - Fixed connection problem to Groups.

Changes to version 3.0.0.17
    - Added "Go To Beginning" and "Go To end" controls to the status device

Changes to version 3.0.0.16
    - Added possibility to delete a Chromecast from config page
    - Prevent devices from being recreated when chromecast is disabled
    - Changed metadata image for media casted from HS.

Changes to version 3.0.0.15
    - Fixed connection to "Default Media Controller", when the app is launched by another program.
    - Added metadata for media casted from HS

Changes to version 3.0.0.14
    - Added more error logging

Changes to version 3.0.0.13
    - Added reconnection attempt when the tcp connection fails
    - Added GetMediaStatus queries to get media data when playing from squeezebox server.

Changes to version 3.0.0.12
    - Fixed disconnection/connection to groups

Changes to version 3.0.0.11
    - Added up/down button for volume control with configurable step% from config page
    - Added possibility to enable/disable TTS for one chromecast without completely disabling connection.

Changes to version 3.0.0.10
    - Added Stop button to the Application device
    - Force plugin to use Newtonsoft.Json.dll from bin/Chromecast in order to avoid conflicts

Changes to version 3.0.0.9
    - Media images are now downloaded and served from the HS web server.
    - Avoid updating media devices when not needed

Changes to version 3.0.0.8
    - Fixed reset of media devices when an application closes
    - Fixed error when trying to control playback status but no application is running.

Changes to version 3.0.0.7
    - Fixed deletion of old wave files on Linux
    - Automatic copy of media file to html/Wave folder
    - Added Type colum in config

Changes to version 3.0.0.6
    - Added support for Chromecast Audio groups
    - Added Artist device
    - Rounded volume device value to nearest integer

Changes to version 3.0.0.5
    - Fixed connection/disconnection issues
    - Fixed "Cast Media" action by encoding the url

Changes to version 3.0.0.4
    - Added Application, Title and Image devices
    - Added basic controls of other Media applications: Play, Pause, Stop, Previous, Next

Changes to version 3.0.0.3
    - Possibility to manually add a device in Chromecast.ini in case the discovery is not working

Changes to version 3.0.0.2
    - Fixed discovery crash on Linux
    - Added support for Speak actions that use the path of an Audio file instead of text

Changes to version 3.0.0.1
    - Added "Cast Media" event action
    - Added "Media Status" device
    I see 3.0.0.22 has been released, but I don't see any release note for it anywhere. Can you update the original post with the changes when you have time?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by harshl View Post

I see 3.0.0.22 has been released, but I don't see any release note for it anywhere. Can you update the original post with the changes when you have time?

Thanks!
      I have edited the original post but note that now HS3 has a standard way to display release notes: from the updater click the Relase Info link: http://plugins.homeseer.com/releasenotes?productid=163

Comment

Spud, I have a question about the delay feature in the app. I have 2 chromecasts but they both are doing speech only. Does the delay setting work for speech or is that just for music? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
          Spud, I have a question about the delay feature in the app. I have 2 chromecasts but they both are doing speech only. Does the delay setting work for speech or is that just for music? Thanks
          what delay feature are you talking about?

Comment

If you open the app and click on the 3 horizontal lines and then select Devices there are 3 dots in the upper right corner of the device box. Select settings and down a ways is 'advanced' and the listing that says "Group delay correction". You can set a delay there from 0-200ms. It is to get the music to sink at the same time in each room. But does it have any effect on speech?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post
              If you open the app and click on the 3 horizontal lines and then select Devices there are 3 dots in the upper right corner of the device box. Select settings and down a ways is 'advanced' and the listing that says "Group delay correction". You can set a delay there from 0-200ms. It is to get the music to sink at the same time in each room. But does it have any effect on speech?
              I guess it does, as long as you target your Speak action to this specific group.

Comment

Downloads missing from first post?

Comment

Originally posted by Bobone View Post
                  Downloads missing from first post?
                  No, you can now install beta versions directly from the updater from the Beta section at the very bottom.

Comment

In version 3.0.0.32 available in the Beta section of the updater, the plug-in now uses the same API as the HomeSeer Speaker client for TTS, it means that the enabled chromecast speakers will be automatically populated in the Speaker Client List:

Click image for larger version

Name:	speakerlist_newapi.png
Views:	393
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1298297

You no longer needs to enter the names manually, but as they are now prefixed with "CHROMECAST", you will need to update all your Speak actions if they target some specific speakers.

You can also now use the standard "Play an Audio File" action with the chromecast speakers.

Comment

spud Volume still seems to be off by 5% in the latest beta. E.g., if I set the volume of my Google Speaker to 55% in HomeSeer, then I say "Hey Google, what's your volume" , it will report the volume is set to 60%. I'd appreciate you taking a look at this before the next beta / release version.

Comment

Originally posted by jvm View Post
                        spud Volume still seems to be off by 5% in the latest beta. E.g., if I set the volume of my Google Speaker to 55% in HomeSeer, then I say "Hey Google, what's your volume" , it will report the volume is set to 60%. I'd appreciate you taking a look at this before the next beta / release version.
                        I had a look at this a while ago, I was able to replicate the problem, but I couldn't find what was wrong, it seems that we actually send the correct value, but somehow google home interprets it differently.
                        I wonder if this only a problem with google home devices are if regular chromecasts have the same issue.

I will have another look when I have more time.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

I had a look at this a while ago, I was able to replicate the problem, but I couldn't find what was wrong, it seems that we actually send the correct value, but somehow google home interprets it differently.
                          I wonder if this only a problem with google home devices are if regular chromecasts have the same issue.

I will have another look when I have more time.
                          Thanks for letting me know. I just noticed its actually not a fixed error, but an error of about 10%

So if I set the volume to 5% using HomeSeer and ask the speaker, it will say 6%
                          If I set it to 10% using HomeSeer, the speaker will say 11%
                          If I set it to 30% using HomeSeer, the speaker will say 33%
                          If I set it to 50% using HomeSeer the speaker says 55%
                          If I set it to 90% using HomeSeer, the speaker says 99%

Comment

Hi Spud.Is there a trial license I could use for a while to test the plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by kellermix View Post
                              Hi Spud.Is there a trial license I could use for a while to test the plugin?
                              see my answer here: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/hs...or#post1437690

Comment

Working...
                              X