Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not seeing any device

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    from the command line from the HomeSeer folder try this:

    Code:
    sudo ./speak_to_file.sh Wave/test.wav "This is a test"
    does it create a non empty test.wav file in the Wave directory?
    No, it doesn't seem to create anything there:

    Click image for larger version

Name:	giffy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1195763

    Comment


    • #17
      you need to install flite:

      Code:
      apt-get install flite
      speak_to_file.sh is part of the default HS installation, and it uses a program called flite to do TTS. So, flite is supposed to be preinstalled on a SEL, I don't know why it is not there on your system, I will report the problem to HST.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by spud View Post
        you need to install flite:

        Code:
        apt-get install flite
        speak_to_file.sh is part of the default HS installation, and it uses a program called flite to do TTS. So, flite is supposed to be preinstalled on a SEL, I don't know why it is not there on your system, I will report the problem to HST.
        Oh, ok. Thanks for reporting to HST.

        I just did a "sudo apt-get install flite" and now the test buttons work!

        Is there any way to get a nicer sounding TTS engine? I know someone asked you about the Google Assistant one in a different post?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by bazyr View Post
          Oh, ok. Thanks for reporting to HST.

          I just did a "sudo apt-get install flite" and now the test buttons work!

          Is there any way to get a nicer sounding TTS engine? I know someone asked you about the Google Assistant one in a different post?
          I will see if I can make the Google Assistant voice to work.

          Here is some threads discussing alternatives to flite:
          https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178867
          https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175012

          Comment


          • #20
            Thanks

            Originally posted by spud View Post
            I will see if I can make the Google Assistant voice to work.

            Here is some threads discussing alternatives to flite:
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=178867
            https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=175012
            Great, thanks!

            Look forwards to seeing it work with the Google Assistant... Fingers crossed you can make it happen!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by spud View Post
              HST is working on the updater, and they messed up the Chromecast plugin on Linux. The windows version is installed instead of the Linux one. They are working on a fix.

              You should manually delete the content of bin/Chromecast (especially Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.Bonjour.dll ) and then install manually from https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191010 or wait for the updater to be fixed.

              sorry for the inconvenience
              I tried following the above steps to manually install, but I am still not finding any devices.

              I have avahi-daemon installed and running:
              root@homeseer:~# service avahi-daemon status
              ● avahi-daemon.service - Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack
              Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/avahi-daemon.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
              Active: active (running) since Sun 2018-03-11 21:45:16 MDT; 21h ago
              Main PID: 26131 (avahi-daemon)
              Status: "avahi-daemon 0.6.32 starting up."
              Tasks: 2 (limit: 4915)
              Memory: 1.1M
              CPU: 5.413s
              CGroup: /system.slice/avahi-daemon.service
              ├─26131 avahi-daemon: running [homeseer.local]
              └─26138 avahi-daemon: chroot helper

              Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Successfully dropped remaining capabilities.
              Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: No service file found in /etc/avahi/services.
              Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface enp1s0.IPv6 with address xxxx::xxxx:xx:xxxx:xxxx.
              Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: New relevant interface enp1s0.IPv6 for mDNS.
              Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface enp1s0.IPv4 with address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
              Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: New relevant interface enp1s0.IPv4 for mDNS.
              Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Network interface enumeration completed.
              Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Registering new address record for xxxx::xxxx:xx:xxxx:xxxx on enp1s0.*.
              Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Registering new address record for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on enp1s0.IPv4.
              Mar 11 21:45:17 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Server startup complete. Host name is homeseer.local. Local service cookie is xxxxxxxxx.

              Here is the output of my Chromecast directory:
              root@homeseer:~# ls -alh /opt/HomeSeer/bin/Chromecast/
              total 1008K
              drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Mar 11 21:40 .
              drwxr-xr-x 6 user root 4.0K Mar 11 21:40 ..
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 39K Sep 14 07:54 avahi-sharp.dll
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 212 Sep 14 07:54 avahi-sharp.dll.config
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 265K May 3 2017 Google.Protobuf.dll
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14K Sep 14 07:54 Mono.Zeroconf.dll
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15K Sep 14 07:54 Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.Avahi.dll
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 458K Jun 13 2016 Newtonsoft.Json.dll
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 152K Feb 28 08:21 SharpCaster.dll
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14K Sep 30 2016 Sockets.Plugin.Abstractions.dll
              -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26K Sep 30 2016 Sockets.Plugin.dll

              Plugin is 3.0.0.16 and shows an OK status in the web interface.

              The following is logged when I enable the plugin:
              Mar-12 7:26:00 PM Chromecast ERROR System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders () [0x00264] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider () [0x0000e] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider () [0x0000f] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor () [0x00008] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastDiscoverer.Start () [0x00000] in <025a3af8921b4e25b1bea41b88c904d4>:0 at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastApp.b__57_0 () [0x0004a] in <025a3af8921b4e25b1bea41b88c904d4>:0
              Mar-12 7:26:00 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Chromecast
              Mar-12 7:26:00 PM Chromecast INFO Chromecast version 3.0.0.16
              Mar-12 7:26:00 PM Info Plugin Chromecast has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:54852
              Mar-12 7:26:00 PM Plug-In Interface Chromecast is running as a trial, 21 days remaining.

              Any thoughts on what I can try?

              Thanks a lot!
              -Landon

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by harshl View Post
                I tried following the above steps to manually install, but I am still not finding any devices.

                I have avahi-daemon installed and running:
                root@homeseer:~# service avahi-daemon status
                ● avahi-daemon.service - Avahi mDNS/DNS-SD Stack
                Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/avahi-daemon.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
                Active: active (running) since Sun 2018-03-11 21:45:16 MDT; 21h ago
                Main PID: 26131 (avahi-daemon)
                Status: "avahi-daemon 0.6.32 starting up."
                Tasks: 2 (limit: 4915)
                Memory: 1.1M
                CPU: 5.413s
                CGroup: /system.slice/avahi-daemon.service
                ├─26131 avahi-daemon: running [homeseer.local]
                └─26138 avahi-daemon: chroot helper

                Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Successfully dropped remaining capabilities.
                Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: No service file found in /etc/avahi/services.
                Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface enp1s0.IPv6 with address xxxx::xxxx:xx:xxxx:xxxx.
                Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: New relevant interface enp1s0.IPv6 for mDNS.
                Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Joining mDNS multicast group on interface enp1s0.IPv4 with address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.
                Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: New relevant interface enp1s0.IPv4 for mDNS.
                Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Network interface enumeration completed.
                Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Registering new address record for xxxx::xxxx:xx:xxxx:xxxx on enp1s0.*.
                Mar 11 21:45:16 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Registering new address record for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx on enp1s0.IPv4.
                Mar 11 21:45:17 homeseer avahi-daemon[26131]: Server startup complete. Host name is homeseer.local. Local service cookie is xxxxxxxxx.

                Here is the output of my Chromecast directory:
                root@homeseer:~# ls -alh /opt/HomeSeer/bin/Chromecast/
                total 1008K
                drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4.0K Mar 11 21:40 .
                drwxr-xr-x 6 user root 4.0K Mar 11 21:40 ..
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 39K Sep 14 07:54 avahi-sharp.dll
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 212 Sep 14 07:54 avahi-sharp.dll.config
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 265K May 3 2017 Google.Protobuf.dll
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14K Sep 14 07:54 Mono.Zeroconf.dll
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15K Sep 14 07:54 Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.Avahi.dll
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 458K Jun 13 2016 Newtonsoft.Json.dll
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 152K Feb 28 08:21 SharpCaster.dll
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 14K Sep 30 2016 Sockets.Plugin.Abstractions.dll
                -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 26K Sep 30 2016 Sockets.Plugin.dll

                Plugin is 3.0.0.16 and shows an OK status in the web interface.

                The following is logged when I enable the plugin:
                Mar-12 7:26:00 PM Chromecast ERROR System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders () [0x00264] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider () [0x0000e] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider () [0x0000f] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor () [0x00008] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastDiscoverer.Start () [0x00000] in <025a3af8921b4e25b1bea41b88c904d4>:0 at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastApp.b__57_0 () [0x0004a] in <025a3af8921b4e25b1bea41b88c904d4>:0
                Mar-12 7:26:00 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Chromecast
                Mar-12 7:26:00 PM Chromecast INFO Chromecast version 3.0.0.16
                Mar-12 7:26:00 PM Info Plugin Chromecast has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:54852
                Mar-12 7:26:00 PM Plug-In Interface Chromecast is running as a trial, 21 days remaining.

                Any thoughts on what I can try?

                Thanks a lot!
                -Landon
                what Linux distro are you using?
                what's your mono version?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by spud View Post
                  what Linux distro are you using?
                  what's your mono version?
                  Sorry tried to be complete, but missed those obvious items.

                  OS is - Ubuntu 17.10 (GNU/Linux 4.13.0-36-generic x86_64)

                  Mono Version is -
                  Mono JIT compiler version 4.6.2 (Debian 4.6.2.7+dfsg-1ubuntu1)
                  Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                  TLS: __thread
                  SIGSEGV: altstack
                  Notifications: epoll
                  Architecture: amd64
                  Disabled: none
                  Misc: softdebug
                  LLVM: supported, not enabled.
                  GC: sgen

                  It was installed with mono-complete as I recall.

                  Thanks!
                  -Landon

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by harshl View Post
                    Sorry tried to be complete, but missed those obvious items.

                    OS is - Ubuntu 17.10 (GNU/Linux 4.13.0-36-generic x86_64)

                    Mono Version is -
                    Mono JIT compiler version 4.6.2 (Debian 4.6.2.7+dfsg-1ubuntu1)
                    Copyright (C) 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
                    TLS: __thread
                    SIGSEGV: altstack
                    Notifications: epoll
                    Architecture: amd64
                    Disabled: none
                    Misc: softdebug
                    LLVM: supported, not enabled.
                    GC: sgen

                    It was installed with mono-complete as I recall.

                    Thanks!
                    -Landon
                    I have no idea what's wrong, I can try to troubleshoot this if you give me access to your linux machine through ssh. Contact me at spud.webb.4@gmail.com if you want me to do it.

                    Another thing you can try is to manually add one of your chromecast in the ini file like explained at the end of the first post of the user guide, to see if you have other problems with the plugin or if it is limited to avahi.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X