X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not seeing any device

Just installed this but it isn't detect any of my devices,

2 Google Home and a Xoami Mi Box.

You installed bonjour? think you may need it for this plugin check the readme...

Comment

Can't believe I missed that. I take my right now

Comment

Also not seeing Chromecasts

Hi both

I've installed this plugin (on a new SEL-PRO with HS3) and I can't get it to see any of my devices.

I've installed avahi-daemon with "sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon" via SSH and rebooted all devices. COnfirmed it's running with "sudo service avahi-daemon start" but still no luck finding devices.

What am I doing wrong?

Looked at the log and despite the avahi service running, I still get this:

Mar-05 11:21:59 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Chromecast
        Mar-05 11:21:59 PM Chromecast ERROR System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor () [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastDiscoverer.Start () [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastApp.b__57_0 () [0x00000] in :0
        Mar-05 11:21:59 PM Chromecast INFO Chromecast version 3.0.0.16
        Mar-05 11:21:59 PM Info Plugin Chromecast has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:48734
        Mar-05 11:21:58 PM Plug-In Interface Chromecast is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by bazyr View Post
          Hi both

I've installed this plugin (on a new SEL-PRO with HS3) and I can't get it to see any of my devices.

I've installed avahi-daemon with "sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon" via SSH and rebooted all devices. COnfirmed it's running with "sudo service avahi-daemon start" but still no luck finding devices.

What am I doing wrong?

Looked at the log and despite the avahi service running, I still get this:

Mar-05 11:21:59 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Chromecast
          Mar-05 11:21:59 PM Chromecast ERROR System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor () [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastDiscoverer.Start () [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastApp.b__57_0 () [0x00000] in :0
          Mar-05 11:21:59 PM Chromecast INFO Chromecast version 3.0.0.16
          Mar-05 11:21:59 PM Info Plugin Chromecast has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:48734
          Mar-05 11:21:58 PM Plug-In Interface Chromecast is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.

What am I doing wrong?
          Could you tell me what files have been installed in bin/Chromecast?

Code:
          ls bin/Chromecast

Comment

No such file or directory

The directory bin/Chromecast doesn't seem to exist!

In the HS3 interface, the Chromecast plugin is installed and enabled and its status shows as "OK"

Comment

The directory bin/Chromecast doesn't seem to exist!

In the HS3 interface, the Chromecast plugin is installed and enabled and its status shows as "OK"
              that would be very weird... make sure you are in the homeseer directory before you enter the ls command.
              do you know how to ssh to your SEL?

if bin/Chromecast does not actually exist you need to reinstall the plugin

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                that would be very weird... make sure you are in the homeseer directory before you enter the ls command.
                do you know how to ssh to your SEL?

if bin/Chromecast does not actually exist you need to reinstall the plugin
                Is this the correct path?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.gif
Views:	1
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1195758

Comment

no, the homeseer dir is /usr/local/HomeSeer

so:

Code:
                  cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
                  then

Code:
                  ls bin/Chromecast

Comment

no, the homeseer dir is /usr/local/HomeSeer

so:

Code:
                    cd /usr/local/HomeSeer
                    then

Code:
                    ls bin/Chromecast
                    Ah thanks! Sorry. Output is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.gif
Views:	1
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	1195759

Comment

Ah thanks! Sorry. Output is:

[ATTACH]67299[/ATTACH]
                      So I've checked:
                      • avahi-daemon is installed and running
                      • chromecast plugin is installed and running
                      • bin/Chromecast directory contents are as above
                      • Mono.CSharp.dll and CSScriptLibrary.dll are in the bin folder
                      • my SEL-PRO and Chromecasts are on the same network
                      • I have restarted all devices

Still won't detect any of my Chromecast devices...

Comment

HST is working on the updater, and they messed up the Chromecast plugin on Linux. The windows version is installed instead of the Linux one. They are working on a fix.

You should manually delete the content of bin/Chromecast (especially Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.Bonjour.dll ) and then install manually from https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191010 or wait for the updater to be fixed.

sorry for the inconvenience

Comment

HST is working on the updater, and they messed up the Chromecast plugin on Linux. The windows version is installed instead of the Linux one. They are working on a fix.

You should manually delete the content of bin/Chromecast (especially Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.Bonjour.dll ) and then install manually from https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=191010 or wait for the updater to be fixed.

sorry for the inconvenience
                          Deleted and manually installed, and it's found all the Chromecasts straight away -- thanks!

Comment

Deleted and manually installed, and it's found all the Chromecasts straight away -- thanks!

Comment

from the command line from the HomeSeer folder try this:

Code:
                              sudo ./speak_to_file.sh Wave/test.wav "This is a test"
                              does it create a non empty test.wav file in the Wave directory?

Comment

Working...
                              X