Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I do the following with this plugin...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I do the following with this plugin...

Hey Spud,

I want to be able to do 2 things. I have my chromecast audios hooked up my russound system so I want to:

1) Know if something starts streaming to a chromecast (so I can turn on that zone if it is not already on). For instance, I walk into the bedroom and say "Hey Google, Play music in the master bathroom" (which works, but that zone may not be on if no lights are on).

2) Can I stop a chromecast from playing. For instance, I leave the bathroom and turn off all the lights, which then turns off the russound zone, so I would like the ability to stop the chromecast from streaming unnecessarily.

yes you can do both

1) When something starts playing on a chromecast its status device is set to "Playing"

2) The Stop button attached to the chromecast status device will stop the streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      yes you can do both

1) When something starts playing on a chromecast its status device is set to "Playing"

2) The Stop button attached to the chromecast status device will stop the streaming.
      Awesome Thanks

Is there any kind of delay?

And another quick question: I don't really want to install bonjour on my server. IF I use the method of adding by IP in the config, will that affect performance any? Will it know if it disconnects by accident and try and reconnect?

I don't want to install Bonjor, but I will if it leaves the system more stable.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
        Awesome Thanks

Is there any kind of delay?

And another quick question: I don't really want to install bonjour on my server. IF I use the method of adding by IP in the config, will that affect performance any? Will it know if it disconnects by accident and try and reconnect?

I don't want to install Bonjor, but I will if it leaves the system more stable.
        no noticeable delay

If you don't install bonjour, and manually add the IP in your ini, the chromecast will be considered always online no matter what. If the underlying TCP connection is lost, it will still be able to detect it and reconnect accordingly.

Comment

Working...
        X