Google Cast Group frequently disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Cast Group frequently disconnects

Thanks for this plugin. It's easy to create a whole house audio system and some nice HSTouch screens, not to mention interface with Google Home.

Every day the plugin disconnects from my Google Cast Group. I have only one group called All Speakers. Using the 'Connect' button does not work, I have to restart the plugin. The log message is 'INFO Connecting to All Speakers' over and over. The cast group works outside of the plugin no problem.

Thanks for your help.

My Cast Group continues to disconnect from the plug-in on a daily basis. Here is the relevant log information a the time of the disconnect. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Attached Files

Comment

My Google Cast Group is still disconnecting once every day or so, it usually happens overnight. My HomeSeer Log is then flooded with the message "INFO Connecting to All Speakers". Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
      Attached Files

Comment

sorry for the delay
        I found a bug that may be the cause of your problem.
        I will release a new beta version with a fix later today.

Comment

please test version 3.0.0.12 available here. You should see some temporay disconnection when Bonjour says the service is lost, but it should now reconnect fine when the service reappears.

Comment

Just wanted to update...

I'm on version 3.0.0.15 and my cast group still disconnects however it takes about 5-6 days now before it occurs. I will reset the log level to debug and post when it happens again. Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Comment

Unfortunately, my Google Cast group(s) continue to disconnect on a regular basis. I will set the log to debug however last time the file was so large I couldn't open it.

I created another test group to see what would happen and that too disconnected, usually overnight at about 3:00 AM EST. One thing I notice is that the IP Address in the plugin for cast groups is always the same as my Google Home Mini and not that of the other Chromecast Audio(s) - I don't know if that has any relevance, is by design, or just part of the Chromecast framework.

Also, when you create a new cast group with the Google Home App the plugin picks it up immediately. When you delete the group in the Google Home App and then delete the devices in HomeSeer, if you restart the plugin, the devices re-create. I have to edit the Chromecast.ini to delete the unwanted group/devices.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Comment

I'm also getting disconnects.
                RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

The problem of google cast GROUP disconnects continues to this day through version 3.0.0.18

I have reverted back to version 3.0.0.17 because version 3.0.0.18 fills my HomeSeer logs with error messages until I restart the plug in.

I really hope we can find a solution to this.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    The problem of google cast GROUP disconnects continues to this day through version 3.0.0.18

I have reverted back to version 3.0.0.17 because version 3.0.0.18 fills my HomeSeer logs with error messages until I restart the plug in.

I really hope we can find a solution to this.

Regards,
                    I posted this in the other thread.

I've resorted to using Jon00's PI disable/enabler. (Windows Only).

So when any of my Chromecast SPKR or Groups disconnect for exactly 3 min (in my case means it's not going to reconnect) I shut down the PI wait 1 min and restart. When completed sends me a push msg.

It's definitely a brute force option, but has allowed me to keep them alive.

I generally see at least 2 of these disconnects a day, almost always with Groups.
                    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
                      I posted this in the other thread.

I've resorted to using Jon00's PI disable/enabler. (Windows Only).

So when any of my Chromecast SPKR or Groups disconnect for exactly 3 min (in my case means it's not going to reconnect) I shut down the PI wait 1 min and restart. When completed sends me a push msg.

It's definitely a brute force option, but has allowed me to keep them alive.

I generally see at least 2 of these disconnects a day, almost always with Groups.
                      I saw your post(s) in the other thread. I don't want to double post however this problem persists in beta or non beta versions.

I had previously tried Jon00's plug in but it doesn't work if you are running HomeSeer as a service like I am with NSSM. I guess I could change that and do a you are doing but like you said it's a brute force option and hopefully will not be necessary ongoing.

I trust spud is still looking into this.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        I saw your post(s) in the other thread. I don't want to double post however this problem persists in beta or non beta versions.

I had previously tried Jon00's plug in but it doesn't work if you are running HomeSeer as a service like I am with NSSM. I guess I could change that and do a you are doing but like you said it's a brute force option and hopefully will not be necessary ongoing.

I trust spud is still looking into this.

Regards,
                        I haven't given up on this problem and I was able to replicate it once on my system, so there is hope. That being said if you could send me the debug logs you get with version .18 that would help.

Comment

Long story short, the Bonjour service is kind of buggy, so in version 3.0.0.20 available in the Beta testing thread, I have implemented a restart of the discovery process when a connection error is detected. This should have the same effect than restarting the plugin.

If you still have issues please provide full debug logs.

Comment

Unfortunately, .20 has been far worst as there are now 3 problems.

1) A complete disconnect across all devices which does not recover.
                            2) Individual devices disconnecting which will not automatically reconnect, unless clicking on the 'connect' button.
                            3) With this version I can no longer automatically shut the PI down using Jon's plug-in disabler.

I don't have full logs as I started them after this mornings episode. Manually disabling and re enabling the PI corrects the problem.

Attached Files
                            RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

FWIW, on my installation of 4 CCAs and 4 CCA groups, I haven't had problems since .19 with disconnects.

The device "root" status indicates that there's usually a disconnect between 2-430am every single day, but it reconnects automatically (for devices & groups).

Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X