Chromecast plugin issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromecast plugin issues.

I've got a couple issues with the Chromecast plugin. One is I'm casting a camera stream to the Chromecast and it seems after a certain amount of time it stops and goes back to the Chromecast wallpaper screen. Most of the time if I issue the casting again it'll show but sometimes the Chromecast plugin stops working with the Crhomecast. If I cast from another device it works if I try it again it doesnt work. If I restart the plugin it starts working again. Any help on this would be great.

Thanks

What version of the plugin are you running?
    Could you capture some debug logs of the problem and post it?

Comment

Running 3.0.0.12. I'll get some logs tonight.

Comment

Ok so here is a log where the video stream just stopped. Not interaction to the Chromecast it stopped on its own. Its going to take some time to get the log where it just wont connect without resetting the plugin.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ok got a log where it can't connect. See attached. It says it cant connect to the Chromecast but if I ping the ip address I get a reply and if I cast to it from my phone it'll cast. If I restart the plugin it works fine. :/
          Attached Files

Comment

Ok so this time was a little different when I tried to connect right after restarting the plugin it failed but then it did the second time I tried to cast to the same device. Attached is the login from the restart until it worked.
            Attached Files

Comment

First please install version 3.0.0.15 available here

Ok so this time was a little different when I tried to connect right after restarting the plugin it failed but then it did the second time I tried to cast to the same device. Attached is the login from the restart until it worked.
              in this log, I see you try to cast something before the plugin is connected to the chromecast. You need to wait for the device status to be changed to "connected" before you can try to cast something. It takes a few seconds for the plugin to connect to each chromecast.

Code:
              Feb-15 6:09:53 PM	 	Chromecast	INFO Connected to chromecast Top Left TV
              Feb-15 6:09:52 PM	 	Chromecast	ERROR Not connected to chromecast Top Left TV
              Feb-15 6:09:52 PM	 	Chromecast	DEBUG Playing http://10.1.0.133:81/mjpg/Frontdoor/video.mjpg?user=admin&pw=nilmd1973 on Top Left TV
              Feb-15 6:09:51 PM	 	Event	Event Trigger "VideoCasting Cast Front Door - Top Left"
              Feb-15 6:09:51 PM	 	Device Control	Device: 1st Trigger Frontdoor - Top Left TV to On (100) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
              Feb-15 6:09:50 PM	 	Chromecast	INFO Connecting to Top Left TV
              Also, do you have some events that automatically connect/disconnect ? If so you should avoid that, it is supposed to be done automatically using the bonjour discovery.

After how much time does the stream stops ? There may be a limit of time built into the chromecast itself, after which it stops the stream.

When you troubleshoot please enable only one chromecast from the config page.
              Do you run HS3 on Linux or Windows?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                First please install version 3.0.0.15 available here

in this log, I see you try to cast something before the plugin is connected to the chromecast. You need to wait for the device status to be changed to "connected" before you can try to cast something. It takes a few seconds for the plugin to connect to each chromecast.
                Ahh I may have not waited long enough on that one then.

Also, do you have some events that automatically connect/disconnect ? If so you should avoid that, it is supposed to be done automatically using the bonjour discovery.
                I do have an event that is pushing a URL out to the Chromecast how would I do this differently? I'm trying to get a camera to pop up on the said tv triggered by an event.
                After how much time does the stream stops ? There may be a limit of time built into the chromecast itself, after which it stops the stream.
                I take about 15 minutes I think. I'm thinking Chromecast may have something built in after looking at the logs. Which is kinda annoying.

When you troubleshoot please enable only one chromecast from the config page.
                Sorry I'll make sure and troubleshoot with just the one at this point.

Do you run HS3 on Linux or Windows?
                [/QUOTE]

Windows

Comment

Did a little more digging on the screen timeout issue and looks like it is a 20 minute limit. Used to be 5 minutes. The strange this is it says this occurs when the video is paused. I guess the Chromecast isn't recognizing the video is playing.

Comment

Working...
                  X