Google TTS through Chromecast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spud View Post
    in version 3.0.0.19 available here, you can now use Google TTS instead of the Windows/Linux system TTS.

note that the messages are limited to about 200 characters, it's a bit slower than the system TTS, and since it's kind of a hack, Google could break it at anytime.

[ATTACH]68217[/ATTACH]
    Working great! Thanks a lot Spud!

Comment

Having 2 problems with TTS. One I've had, but didn't bother to report, and the other started with the Windows 1803 update.

1) With the 1803 update, it seems the PI will not use any other voice regardless of what is selected as the system default voice in Windows.

Because of the above I tried the google voice option again..

2) Using google voice and a system variable in the speech string makes a mess of the spoken string..

Example: The time is now $time On $$date

Massive Log file attached.
      Attached Files
      RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
        Having 2 problems with TTS. One I've had, but didn't bother to report, and the other started with the Windows 1803 update.

1) With the 1803 update, it seems the PI will not use any other voice regardless of what is selected as the system default voice in Windows.

Because of the above I tried the google voice option again..

2) Using google voice and a system variable in the speech string makes a mess of the spoken string..

Example: The time is now $time On $$date

Massive Log file attached.
        1. win10 uses 64bits voices whereas Homeseer and the Chromecast plugin use 32bits voices, read this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...33#post1360733

2. if you use $$date instead of $date, HS3 inserts some <say-as type="date"> tags that Google don't understand.
        "The time is now $time On $date" works fine for me with google tts.

Comment

1. win10 uses 64bits voices whereas Homeseer and the Chromecast plugin use 32bits voices, read this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/showthre...33#post1360733

2. if you use $$date instead of $date, HS3 inserts some <say-as type="date"> tags that Google don't understand.
          "The time is now $time On $date" works fine for me with google tts.
          Thanks spud, I'll make the changes.

The interesting thing on TTS voice issue, until the 1803 update, I could use <voice required="name = Microsoft Voice Name Here"> to override the default with one of the other installed voices. That no longer works.

I suspect, (need to investigate) the 1803 update may have 'upgraded' my 32bit voices with 64bit versions..
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Hi,

Can see that this is a old post, but is there a workaround to use Google TTS with HS3 now?
            Having the same issues as ServiceXp, So I'm guessing it is a 64bit issue?

Comment

Originally posted by Groot View Post
              Hi,

Can see that this is a old post, but is there a workaround to use Google TTS with HS3 now?
              Having the same issues as ServiceXp, So I'm guessing it is a 64bit issue?
              Yes the Google TTS voice is available within the Chromecast plugin: see attached screenshot:

Click image for larger version

Name:	google_tts.png
Views:	397
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	1267781

Comment

Yes the Google TTS voice is available within the Chromecast plugin: see attached screenshot:

Yes, have seen that. And set it up like you have shown, but it is still the HS voice that sounds on my speakers

Comment

That's on my computers and sonos speakers that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Groot View Post

Yes, have seen that. And set it up like you have shown, but it is still the HS voice that sounds on my speakers
                    What kind of speakers?
                    It only work with speakers handled by the chromecast plugin, i.e chromecast, google home, etc...

Comment

Working...
                    X