Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found Issues in 3.0.0.16

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Found Issues in 3.0.0.16

    I decided to start a new thread, as I'm finding more issues with 3.0.0.16 build.

    Issues:

    TTS:
    1) 4 out of 5 TTS sentences are not making it to the Chromecasts. ALSO, the first few words are not being spoken.

    Example: If I say "Welcome home Kaitlyn" it never works, however if I say "Welcome home Kaitlyn" "Welcome home Kaitlyn" "Welcome home Kaitlyn". The last 2 will work (when it actually works at all)

    General:
    1) Constant disconnects.

    Groups:
    1) Volume between group members is inconsistent. With all 'children' of a group devices set to 0%. Adjusting the slider in the group device will cause the the IP linked 'child' device to increase in volume by X2 exactly. Conversely if you adjust any of the 'child' devices, the group (parent) device is exactly half X2.

    2) When adjusting the volume on the group device, only the IP linked 'child' device will adjust.

    3) The - and + volume sliders do not seem to work as expected. Extremely inconstant.

    4) If any 'child' devices has an volume >0%, the group device cannot be moved to 0%.

    Expected behavior:

    The group device (parent) should over ride any and all attached child devices in every aspect when being utilized.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

  • #2
    Issues

    General:

    Transport functions don't work consistently. Starting and Stopping functionality is not consistent. Pause seems to work with good consistently.

    In addition, the 'Application' devices Stop function does not work consistently.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
      I decided to start a new thread, as I'm finding more issues with 3.0.0.16 build.

      Issues:

      TTS:
      1) 4 out of 5 TTS sentences are not making it to the Chromecasts. ALSO, the first few words are not being spoken.

      Example: If I say "Welcome home Kaitlyn" it never works, however if I say "Welcome home Kaitlyn" "Welcome home Kaitlyn" "Welcome home Kaitlyn". The last 2 will work (when it actually works at all)
      It works 100% on my google homes
      What kind of chromecast do you have?

      If you run several times the same speak action at a few seconds interval, do you have the problem only on the first one, or on all of them.
      Could you capture a debug log of the problem with only one speak action and one chromecast. Thanks.

      Originally posted by ServiceXp View Post
      General:
      1) Constant disconnects.
      from the logs you attached in the other thread it seems that the disconnect happen when Bonjour notify the plugin that the chromecast service is lost, and it reconnects fine a few seconds later after Bonjour says it found the service again? So the disconnection only last for a few seconds right?

      I don't know why Bonjour behave like this ("Lost service" then "Found service" a few seconds later) it looks like it happens more frequently with Groups

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by spud View Post
        It works 100% on my google homes
        What kind of chromecast do you have?

        If you run several times the same speak action at a few seconds interval, do you have the problem only on the first one, or on all of them.
        Could you capture a debug log of the problem with only one speak action and one chromecast. Thanks.
        Chromecast Audio's

        At first I thought it was the speaker possibly going to sleep, but tested by doing just what you described. I also noticed while I was testing this, I would sometimes get no speech while other times I would get part of the speech but at a much lower volume.

        I'll collect the logs and post later tonight.

        Originally posted by spud View Post
        from the logs you attached in the other thread it seems that the disconnect happen when Bonjour notify the plugin that the chromecast service is lost, and it reconnects fine a few seconds later after Bonjour says it found the service again? So the disconnection only last for a few seconds right?

        I don't know why Bonjour behave like this ("Lost service" then "Found service" a few seconds later) it looks like it happens more frequently with Groups
        Yes most of the time the disconnect length is under 60 seconds, and as you have noted happen almost exclusively with groups.

        Should I attempt to remove Bonjour and Re-install?
        RJ_Make On YouTube

        Comment


        • #5
          Logs attached.

          1) All but 2 failed completely or in part
          2) All worked except last
          3) Connection log
          Attached Files
          RJ_Make On YouTube

          Comment


          • #6
            This fails 100% of the time with only announcing 'Home' with a very low volume. (Welcome is never announced)

            I've tried playing with silence duration, voice type, etc..
            Attached Files
            RJ_Make On YouTube

            Comment


            • #7
              why do you "Connect" before issuing a "Speak" action? You are not supposed to do that.

              what happens when you simply use the test button from the Config page?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by spud View Post
                why do you "Connect" before issuing a "Speak" action? You are not supposed to do that.

                what happens when you simply use the test button from the Config page?
                On occasion, during my testing I would find the speaker disconnected so I would be thinking speech was failing, when in reality it was disconnected. So my thinking was with these things disconnecting so often that it wouldn't hurt to send a connection request.


                The config. test button results in the same behavior. Most of the time (9 x out of 10) It will only announce "test for Chromecast plugin", but once I heard "Hello this is a test for Chromecast plugin"
                RJ_Make On YouTube

                Comment


                • #9
                  Would it be possible to add an option(s) (in settings) to each speaker to allow for a file to be played for x period of time then wait x period of time before the action (speech or cast) takes place?

                  Some type of "wake up" mechanism.

                  I think standby mode is screwing everything up, and the speakers don't seem to respond to sending a <silence msec="3000"/> before the words.

                  If I hodge podge an event to play a 4 second 20Hz (can't hear it) sound file then wait 4 seconds before speaking, It seems to work.
                  RJ_Make On YouTube

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X