Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

announcement volume

Hi,

I'm trying to find a streamlined way to max out the volume before making announcements. I have events that I want to announce ("front door opened" for example) and I want to make sure that it's heard. Normal music playing volume is often for ambiance and at like 30%.

Short of storing the current volume in a virtual device (easy trigger), then increasing volume to 100%, then playing announcement, and restoring volume from the virtual device to return to "normal", is there a better way ?

edit I've just tested sending the announcement while my google mini was streaming off google music, and it didn't resume playing after

thanks

Simon
    Last edited by simon@qic.ca; March 20, 2018, 07:59 AM.

You can change the volume of any Chromecast device. Change the volume to 100% before the announcement, then change it back later. See the attached screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2018-04-08 11.00.21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	1196258

Comment

Originally posted by Kent View Post
      You can change the volume of any Chromecast device. Change the volume to 100% before the announcement, then change it back later. See the attached screenshot.

[ATTACH]68023[/ATTACH]
      You can easily do it in Windows using Jon00 RCControl plugin or Android with Node-RED and MQTT =====> Lowering kodi's volume before the announcement.

Eman.
      Last edited by Eman; April 8, 2018, 11:47 AM.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

The issue here is that I don't know what the volume percentage is at before the announcement. The principle behind an announcement should use an alternate volume setting than what is actually being streamed/played. Like car system that has different volumes for the radio, GPS directions and Bluetooth phone.

Comment

In Windows it's easily definable by using the apps volumes. I do it in Android using Kodi because Kodi has its own volume. I have not tested it on other app like say Spotify or otherwise.
          You set main volume high. When the announcements come they are on the main volume so what you control is the apps volumes.

Eman
          TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I'm sending the announcements to a google mini device, windows volume wont apply here ..

Comment

Originally posted by simon@qic.ca View Post
              Hi,

I'm trying to find a streamlined way to max out the volume before making announcements.
              Did you ever come up with a solution for this?

Because I'm currently doing it the first way you suggested (volume value to virtual device, then restoring from virtual device value after the announcement) but it is somewhat cumbersome.

Comment

Working...
              X