Casting H.264 Stream from IP Cameras/NVR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casting H.264 Stream from IP Cameras/NVR

Has anyone tried to do this with the plug-in?

Barry, it should be easy for an NVR vendor to mod their app to do this. The Nest camera app does this for example. If you have a modern Android device, it's also possible to clone your screen to a chromecast device, though its a little more clumsy than if the app supported it natively. And you can always send browser video from chrome to a chromecast if all else fails.

But the best way is if it's natively integrated into the app.

thx
    mike

Comment

Tried similar...not much success. I wanted to get an RTSP stream into ChromeCast (from my DoorBird unit, so when the bell goes the TV turns on and looks at the front door) and searching around suggests that if you translate the RTSP to HLS live time in FFMPEG and then host (in a web server) a M3U8 file then you should be able to point the ChromeCast to it and play the video. I didn't have much joy - it just sat there trying to play the stream. In the end I wrote a little script to grab an image file, save it in the HS HTML directory and then serve that to the ChromeCast - works but it is a static image.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
        Tried similar...not much success. I wanted to get an RTSP stream into ChromeCast (from my DoorBird unit, so when the bell goes the TV turns on and looks at the front door) and searching around suggests that if you translate the RTSP to HLS live time in FFMPEG and then host (in a web server) a M3U8 file then you should be able to point the ChromeCast to it and play the video. I didn't have much joy - it just sat there trying to play the stream. In the end I wrote a little script to grab an image file, save it in the HS HTML directory and then serve that to the ChromeCast - works but it is a static image.
        I tried the same thing, but no matter what settings I used with ffmpeg, the Chromecast refused to stream the video.
        I ended up grabbing still-images as well - two, acually, in case the person was in a "bad posistion" when the snapshot was taken.
        I use "run another program or process" in an event and it runs ffmpeg with these parameters:
        -nostdin -loglevel error -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://<cam-url>/channel=1\&stream=1.sdp -f image2 -y -frames 1 -vf "transpose=1,select=not(mod(n\,40)),tile=2x1" /usr/local/HomeSeer/html/cast/cam/cam.jpg

Works great, but would really like to cast the videofeed, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd apprectiate it!

Comment

I've got a PC connected to my TV, so when someone's at the door I use the Harmony plugin to change to the PC, then Jon00's plugin to remotely start VLC on that PC from Homeseer and show an RTSP-stream from my Doorbird. Would be much easier if one could cast Blue Iris cameras...

Comment

Working...
          X