Feature request: Alert tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request: Alert tone

In a recent post Uncle Michael articulated good reasons for using an alert tone before a speak action to give a moment heads-up to increase comprehension of the announcement. My request is to add the option to play a sound file before speak actions run through the PI. Rather than having to add an action before every speak action in events, in its simplest form a global option could perhaps insert a sound every time. Or in the ideal perhaps the ability to quickly select from, say, 3 alert tones (depending on nature of information to follow) within the speak action configuration in the event setup. Thank you.
    -Wade

Definitely agree with this, though its not that big a bother to build in manually.

Mike

Comment

Interesting development: I've been experimenting with a single google home mini for speak actions using the PI. Just connected a second one and they both work fine, but the 2nd one plays a tone before playing the speak action. Can't find anything in the Google Home device setup nor in the PI config that appears to have anything to do with this. And again, only one of the GH minis does it.

Anyone know how to configure that tone? I'd like it to play on both devices.
      -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
        Anyone know how to configure that tone? I'd like it to play on both devices.
        I have Chromecast Audio. There was a setting in the Google Home-app for setting it. Can't remember exactly what it was called...

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post

I have Chromecast Audio. There was a setting in the Google Home-app for setting it. Can't remember exactly what it was called...
          Only thing I've found is a means for setting an acknowledgement tone when you wake up the device. I.e., say Hey Google and it beeps a response tone to let you know it's listening. You can also set an acknowledgement tone to play after it has heard your instruction. Both can be turned on or off but the tone is apparently predefined I've played with these and it doesn't affect the tone I'm getting before a TTS speak action. Also it's a different tone and the settings are configured identically on both my GH minis.

If there's another tone configuration option I've not found it.

Sent using Tapatalk

-Wade

Comment

Working...
          X