Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we cast blue iris directly to an android tablet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we cast blue iris directly to an android tablet?

I'm using imperihome and this feature is available but during my tests, it would only work 50% of the time, the other times it would throw an error not able to read the stream and crashes.

Is this possible with this plugin?

I'm not sure an android tablet has the chromecast protocol built in.. For example from Chrome running from another device do you see it as a chromecast receiver when you go to View > Cast ?
    I think there used to be an app to do that ( CheapCast ), but from what I read it doesn't work anymore.

So the answer to your question is: if you find a way to turn your tablet into a chromecast then yes it should be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I'm not sure an android tablet has the chromecast protocol built in.. For example from Chrome running from another device do you see it as a chromecast receiver when you go to View > Cast ?
      I think there used to be an app to do that ( CheapCast ), but from what I read it doesn't work anymore.

So the answer to your question is: if you find a way to turn your tablet into a chromecast then yes it should be possible.

Thanks Spud.... can you tell I'm trying to find an excuse to buy this plugin?

Comment

hey Spud, I found Aircast to be working from youtube. So are you saying if it sees it then your plugin will see it? I tried to get HS to reset my trial but they never respond so I have no way of testing this... AS-SMN950 is Aircast running on my note 8 and it cast the youtube video just fine. Maybe there's hope...

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_35.png
Views:	10
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	1246186

Comment

Working...
        X