How To Get Music To Return To Chromecast Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Get Music To Return To Chromecast Audio

I am trying to figure out if the the chromecast is capable of returning to music after a speech announcement has been made. Anyone know if/how you can do this? Thanks

I can get the google play app thru google home playing music through the chromecast. I made an event that pauses the music and then sends voice to the chromecast and then when that completes then tell it to resume play and it gets to that point but then it just sits there. How do we get it to pause playing a song, say something, then resume playing the song?

Comment

I think it is going to be very difficult to achieve something like this.
      When you play some music through google play music, a google play music app is launched on your chromecast. Then if HS want to speak something the plugin stop the "google play music" app and launch it's own app to play the TTS, but the plugin doesn't know how to restart the google play music app.

What I'm going to implement is an option to not play the TTS on this chromecast if something is already playing.

Comment

Can't you use the broadcast function?
        Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          When you play some music through google play music, a google play music app is launched on your chromecast. Then if HS want to speak something the plugin stop the "google play music" app and launch it's own app to play the TTS, but the plugin doesn't know how to restart the google play music app.

What I'm going to implement is an option to not play the TTS on this chromecast if something is already playing.
          Does the same problem apply to using Pandora or any other app? I am assuming they will all react the same. So we will have to have a chromecast that is separate for voice and one for music in the same room?

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post
            Can't you use the broadcast function?
            I am not sure what you are referring to, I just started this so if you would be so kind as to explain some more on this that would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

I am not sure what you are referring to, I just started this so if you would be so kind as to explain some more on this that would be great.
              With the Google home mini, you can command "broadcast" and then your message. The music on your other Google home mini will pause, the message is played and what was playing will continue. But I don't know if it also will work with a chromecast.....
              Peter

http://ohh.pcgsm.nl

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

This would be great to implement. I am currently trying to make events to look to see if the device status is "Idle". Whether it's true or false it still plays the TTS. Any ideas? or should I just wait until you implement the new feature?

Comment

Originally posted by peterpc View Post

With the Google home mini, you can command "broadcast" and then your message. The music on your other Google home mini will pause, the message is played and what was playing will continue. But I don't know if it also will work with a chromecast.....
                  I just tried what you suggested but It doesn't seem to be working on chromecast. It's pretty weird considering that it worked for you..

Comment

Working...
                  X