Feature Request: Configurable delay before TTS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request: Configurable delay before TTS

Hi Spud. Been using your AirplaySpeak plugin for a while and very happy with it. Also very happy with the Chromecast plugin TTS functionality. Unfortunately, using the two together for TTS results in an annoying echo effect around the house due to the fact that the Chromecast device (Google Home) always plays slightly before the Airplay device (Airport Express). The AirplaySpeak plugin has configurable "Delay Before" and "Delay After" options, but the Chromecast plugin has no such options. Would it be possible to add these options so that I could delay the Chromecast TTS slightly to get it more in sync with the Airplay TTS?

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
    Hi Spud. Been using your AirplaySpeak plugin for a while and very happy with it. Also very happy with the Chromecast plugin TTS functionality. Unfortunately, using the two together for TTS results in an annoying echo effect around the house due to the fact that the Chromecast device (Google Home) always plays slightly before the Airplay device (Airport Express). The AirplaySpeak plugin has configurable "Delay Before" and "Delay After" options, but the Chromecast plugin has no such options. Would it be possible to add these options so that I could delay the Chromecast TTS slightly to get it more in sync with the Airplay TTS?
    I asked Spud about this before and in the google home app if you go to devices and click on the 3 dots on the device you want and select settings.Down on the list is a selection called Group delay correction. Don't know if it will work but worth a try.

Comment

Working...
    X