Chromecast Plugin Disconnecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromecast Plugin Disconnecting

I am getting the following error in the log. The plugin is disconnecting itself at random times in the AM hours. What is causing this? Anyone have this too?

Oct-24 4:48:23 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin Chromecast started successfully in 97 milliseconds
    Oct-24 4:48:23 AM Chromecast INFO Chromecast version 3.0.0.25
    Oct-24 4:48:23 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Chromecast ...
    Oct-24 4:48:23 AM Info Plugin Chromecast has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:51515
    Oct-24 4:48:23 AM Warning I/O interface Chromecast is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
    Oct-24 4:48:09 AM Info Plugin Chromecast with instance: has disconnected

Could you set the log level to debug, and try to capture this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      Could you set the log level to debug, and try to capture this problem.
      Right now it has this. What am I looking for specifically?

Oct-24 11:14:14 AM Chromecast DEBUG RX: { "sourceId": "receiver-0", "destinationId": "sender-0", "namespace": "urn:x-cast:com.google.cast.tp.heartbeat", "payloadUtf8": "{"type":"PONG"}" }

Comment

I want you to turn "Log To File" on and set the "File Log Level" to debug, then wait for the "plugin disconnecting" problem to happen, and then send me the log file which is in Logs/Chromecast.txt,

Thanks

Comment

I want you to turn "Log To File" on and set the "File Log Level" to debug, then wait for the "plugin disconnecting" problem to happen, and then send me the log file which is in Logs/Chromecast.txt,

Thanks
          OK, I thought that is what you were referring to as far as it being "Log to File" in post #2 so that is what I have done. I will send as soon as it does it again.

Comment

Thanks
            I have the txt file you need. Do you want me to attach it or send it another way?

Comment

Originally posted by cowinger View Post

I have the txt file you need. Do you want me to attach it or send it another way?
              Zip it and attached it here, or send it at spud.webb.4@gmail.com
              thanks

Comment

Zip it and attached it here, or send it at spud.webb.4@gmail.com
                thanks
                Here is the error and time frame.
                Oct-25 4:20:02 AM Starting Plug-In Plugin Chromecast started successfully in 70 milliseconds
                Oct-25 4:20:02 AM Chromecast INFO Chromecast version 3.0.0.25
                Oct-25 4:20:02 AM Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Chromecast ...
                Oct-25 4:20:02 AM Info Plugin Chromecast has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:54899
                Oct-25 4:20:01 AM Warning I/O interface Chromecast is down, executable is not running, restarting ...
                Oct-25 4:19:44 AM Info Plugin Chromecast with instance: has disconnected

Chromecast4-25-18.zip

Attached Files

Comment

I fixed the problem (as well as some other potential connection issues) in version BETA 3.0.0.26
                  Please test and let me know

Comment

I fixed the problem (as well as some other potential connection issues) in version BETA 3.0.0.26
                    Please test and let me know
                    Thanks Spud, I will give it a try and let you know.

Comment

With this latest beta (.26) - when the plugin disconnects, then I click "Connect" to reconnect, it shows "Connected" but never truly reconnects.. no update of meta info, covert art, or control. I have to restart the Chromecast plugin to restore functionality. Prior to this update, if it were Disconnected, I could click Connect and it would be functional again. I've attached the log here.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Spud,

I have seen this now in the log. I don't why it would disconnect at all but at least it appears to reconnect. It did it for the other speaker as well a couple hours later with the same result of reconnecting.
                        Oct-28 2:20:51 AM Chromecast INFO Connected to chromecast Living Room speaker
                        Oct-28 2:20:51 AM Chromecast INFO Connecting to Living Room speaker/
                        Oct-28 2:20:48 AM Chromecast INFO Found Service: Chromecast-Audio-0f0535dad554365369db054
                        Oct-28 2:20:06 AM Chromecast INFO Disconnected from chromecast Living Room speaker
                        Oct-28 2:20:06 AM Chromecast INFO Disconnecting from Living Room speaker /
                        Oct-28 2:20:06 AM Chromecast INFO Lost Service: Chromecast-Audio-0f0535dad554365369db054

Comment

Originally posted by brett_cp View Post
                          With this latest beta (.26) - when the plugin disconnects, then I click "Connect" to reconnect, it shows "Connected" but never truly reconnects.. no update of meta info, covert art, or control. I have to restart the Chromecast plugin to restore functionality. Prior to this update, if it were Disconnected, I could click Connect and it would be functional again. I've attached the log here.
                          I found the issue and fixed in version 3.0.0.27 available in the Beta section of the updater.
                          Please test and let me know.

Thank you for reporting the problem!

Comment

I found the issue and fixed in version 3.0.0.27 available in the Beta section of the updater.

Your welcome. I will upgrade and test. I will let you know.

Comment

Wow, that was quick! In my few minutes of testing so far this does appear to be resolved. I've noticed that the plugin disconnects periodically so I made a quick event:

IF ChromecastAudio2751 Root changes and becomes Disconnected
                              Then
                              Set Device ChromecastAudio2751 Root to Connect

This appears to work well - are there any downsides I'm not aware of in doing this? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X