Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speak with Google voice no longer works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Speak with Google voice no longer works

    Everything was fine a couple of days ago, but now I just get an error when trying to use Speak with TTS Voice set to Google (works fine with speaker). I'm running version 3.0.0.27, the latest version I can find in the updater (no Chromecast in the beta section).

    The error form my log:

    Code:
    ERROR System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.StringToNumber (System.String str, System.Globalization.NumberStyles options, System.Number+NumberBuffer& number, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info, System.Boolean parseDecimal) <0x7fb063d5c4d0 + 0x000ad> in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Number.ParseInt64 (System.String value, System.Globalization.NumberStyles options, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo numfmt) <0x7fb063d5b1e0 + 0x0007f> in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at System.Convert.ToInt64 (System.String value) <0x7fb063d2f220 + 0x00032> in <3833a6edf2074b959d3dab898627f0ac>:0 at HSPI_Chromecast.GTTSToken.CalculateToken (System.String text, System.String seed) [0x0001b] in <8f17580fa56b4a249afbda11caa78265>:0 at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastApp.SpeakIn (System.Int32 device, System.String text, System.Boolean wait, System.String host) [0x002a9] in <8f17580fa56b4a249afbda11caa78265>:0
    Current Date/Time: 11/29/2018 13:27:01
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.478
    Linux version: Linux pilot2 4.15.0-38-generic #41-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 10 10:59:38 UTC 2018 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 2 Hours 30 Minutes 44 Seconds
    IP Address: 10.10.0.15
    Number of Devices: 336
    Number of Events: 56
    Available Threads: 199
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 0
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:

    Enabled Plug-Ins
    2.0.59.0: BLBackup
    2.0.43.0: BLLAN
    3.0.19.0: BLLock
    3.0.0.27: Chromecast
    3.0.0.52: EasyTrigger
    0.0.0.4: GCalSeer
    2.0.2.7: JowiHue
    3.4.12.0: mcsMQTT
    3.1.0.4: MeiHarmonyHub
    30.0.0.37: RFXCOM
    3.0.6.5: SDJ-Health
    3.0.8.5: SDJ-VStat
    3.0.1.248: Z-Wave

  • #2
    I have fixed the problem in version 3.0.0.29 available in the Beta section of the updater (windows version only). The updater does not allow yet to publish linux beta versions, so if you are on Linux you need to install manually from the files attached:

    Note that the Google voice TTS feature is a hack that can break at anytime if google make changes. That is what happened here.

    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #3
      I am on version 3.0.0.27 and it still works here.
      I use google Danish as voice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ldplusse View Post
        I am on version 3.0.0.27 and it still works here.
        I use google Danish as voice.
        I bet you will see this problem next time you restart the Chromecast plugin

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by spud View Post
          I have fixed the problem in version 3.0.0.29 available in the Beta section of the updater (windows version only). The updater does not allow yet to publish linux beta versions, so if you are on Linux you need to install manually from the files attached:

          Note that the Google voice TTS feature is a hack that can break at anytime if google make changes. That is what happened here.
          I don't know if it is a quirk of the updater, but the plugin suddenly appeared in the beta section of the updater. It says version 3.0.0.29, but after updating I'm still on 3.0.0.27.

          So I manually updated the plugin and Google voice TTS once again works. Thank you Really a shame that Google don't provide an official API you can use.

          Comment

          Working...
          X