Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

play audio file not working?

Hi,

I am testing this plugin on Linux and seems this future does not work? No matter which speaker I choose, nothing plays. The speak something future does work.

Thanks

I noticed this error in log:
    ERROR System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.StringToNumber (System.String str, System.Globalization.NumberStyles options, System.Number+NumberBuffer& number, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo info, System.Boolean parseDecimal) [0x0005e] in <8f2c484307284b51944a1a13a14c0266>:0 at System.Number.ParseInt64 (System.String value, System.Globalization.NumberStyles options, System.Globalization.NumberFormatInfo numfmt) [0x00015] in <8f2c484307284b51944a1a13a14c0266>:0 at System.Int64.Parse (System.String s, System.IFormatProvider provider) [0x00008] in <8f2c484307284b51944a1a13a14c0266>:0 at System.Convert.ToInt64 (System.String value) [0x0000f] in <8f2c484307284b51944a1a13a14c0266>:0 at HSPI_Chromecast.GTTSToken.CalculateToken (System.String text, System.String seed) [0x0001b] in <8f17580fa56b4a249afbda11caa78265>:0 at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastApp.SpeakIn (System.Int32 device, System.String text, System.Boolean wait, System.String host) [0x002a9] in <8f17580fa56b4a249afbda11caa78265>:0

this error in the log is due to a change Google made recently, you need to install version 3.0.0.29 to fix it, read this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...o-longer-works.

Not sure what you meant by "play audio file" ? If you mean the standard "Play Audio File" HS3 action, it doesn't work with the Chromecast. To play a file, you need to either use the Chromecast: CastMedia action, or you need to sue the "Speak Something" action but provide the url of the file to play instead of the text to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      this error in the log is due to a change Google made recently, you need to install version 3.0.0.29 to fix it, read this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...o-longer-works.

Not sure what you meant by "play audio file" ? If you mean the standard "Play Audio File" HS3 action, it doesn't work with the Chromecast. To play a file, you need to either use the Chromecast: CastMedia action, or you need to sue the "Speak Something" action but provide the url of the file to play instead of the text to speak.
      I dont see a cast media action on hs4. I aslo tried the speak something action with my mp3 url but the google home only speaks the url and does not play the mp3. What else can I try?

Comment

ap isolation has always been off for me. text to speech works on my google home but when i put the path to the mp3 whether it is a url or a local path, the tts just speaks the path and file name. im on hs4 raspberry pi.

Comment

Originally posted by FrogKiss View Post

I dont see a cast media action on hs4. I aslo tried the speak something action with my mp3 url but the google home only speaks the url and does not play the mp3. What else can I try?
          with recent version of the Chromecast plugin, you can either user "Play An Audio File" action or "Chromecast Actions > Cast Media"
          if you still have a problem please open a new thread in the correct forum (i.e here for the HS4 version of the Chromecast plugin) and post all the relevant info: plugin version number, screenshot of your events, debug logs, etc...

Comment

Working...
          X