Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatal issue with .NET 4.03 ?

Hello Spud!

I am trying to install both HomeSeer and the Chromecast PI on an old Win XPe machine that I try to run off line.
    Its obvously a bit crippled, but HomeSeer loaded fine as well as a few other PIs that I have tested.
    (I had to install .NET 4.03 manually first.)

When installing the Chromecast PI I get confused.

The message at installation is positive:
    Install/Update of package Chromecast was successful.

But in fact it does not install!

When looking into the log I get the following problem description:
    Warning, Cannot load EXE file (possibly missing dependencies) HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.Warning, Error details with EXE HSPI_Chromecast.exe: Could not load type 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.IAsyncStateMachine' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.

The chromecast plugin needs .NET 4.5.1 or later, it can't work with .NET 4

Comment

.NET 4.5 is not supported by WIn XP. Impossible to force it on...

Is the PI deeply dependent on "IAsyncStateMachine" or whatever is crashing?

Comment

Strange that you are trying to run this on a 17 year old OS and then asking the author to fix it. Update the XPe box to something reasonable like W7, or perhaps pickup a RasperryPi. Backporting to that version of .Net is not a simple proposition.

Comment

Actually, the question deserves some thought.
          HS3 and plugins for Sonos and Chromecast provide an upgrade path for equipment based on WinXPe in rather expensive AV systems.
          I know for a fact that this need has already driven
          spud sales beyond my own despite needing an extra hw today. HW could be avoided and greatly simplify implementation and thus grow sales.
          Merry Christmas, my friend!

Comment

Will the PI run on Mono?
            (I don’t know if HS3 on WinXP will...)

Comment

The plugin uses features only available in NET 4.5, it would be very difficult to make it work with NET 4.

The plug-in runs on Linux with Mono 4 or later.
              I have never tried Mono on Windows

Comment

Actually, you are tossed away to MS with 4.5.5 and requested to upgrade to 4.7.
                Vista can only handle 4.6, which seems to work.

Comment

Working...
                X