Deleting a Chromecast Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting a Chromecast Device

I have two Chromecast devices. I don't want to use one in the plug-in so I deleted it but it came back. Is there a way to delete it and not come back into the plug-in?

Thanks
    Jim

Uncheck the "Enabled" column in the config page for the chromecast you don't want to use, then delete the devices, they won't be recreated again.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      Uncheck the "Enabled" column in the config page for the chromecast you don't want to use, then delete the devices, they won't be recreated again.
      Thanks, I will give that a try.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        I gave it a try but it came back.

Comment

what version of the plugin do you run? You need 3.0.0.16 or later
          the line in the config page is supposed to stay, but the devices are not supposed to be recreated

Comment

Plug-in version is 3.0.0.29

What I was doing was, uncheking Enabled then clicking the red X to delete.
            This time I uncheked Enabled and restarted HS3 but the device still shows in Device Management screen.
            Do I need to delete each of the 8 things for this device from the Device Management screen?

Jim

Comment

Same issue here as well. If I uncheck "enabled" on a device and delete it, it recreates if HS3 or the plugin is restarted.

Comment

You might want to just uncheck the enabled and leave it there in the config. My bet is that once you delete it from the plugin's config, it doesn't know you don't want it so it re-discovers it.

Uncheck "Enabled"
                Manually delete any HS devices if any are left after enabling.

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
                  You might want to just uncheck the enabled and leave it there in the config. My bet is that once you delete it from the plugin's config, it doesn't know you don't want it so it re-discovers it.

Uncheck "Enabled"
                  Manually delete any HS devices if any are left after enabling.
                  yes this is exactly what happened.
                  now in version 3.0.0.30 available from the beta section of the updater, the delete buttons in the config page will disable the chromecast, delete the associated HS devices, but keep a trace of it in the ini file, so that when it is rediscovered devices are not recreated.

Comment

Working...
                  X