Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature requests

Hi,

Just purchased your plugin, thanks for all the great work, it's running very stable and i'm very happy with it.
    I was just wondering if/how we can request new features?

Some of the features i'm currently missing:

Access to google home timers/alarms.
    It would be great to be able to tell google-assistant to wake me at 7am and have homeseer access those variables, for example to launch events.

I use the plugin for tts to my google homes around the house.
    Right now when a google-home is playing the radio and a tts message is announced the radio is interrupted, the tts is announced and that's it.
    It would be nice to have an option to have the google-home continue playing the radio after the tts is finished.

I selected to use google as tts engine, but somehow compared to the native tts from the google-assistant the tts broadcasted from homeseer seems slower, like she actually talks slower. If the speed is something you specify in the call to the google API it would be nice to expose this as an option through the plugin config panel as well.

If needed I would be more than happy to pay a few $ for new features.
    Thanks again for a great product!

Access to google home timers/alarms.
    It would be great to be able to tell google-assistant to wake me at 7am and have homeseer access those variables, for example to launch events.
    It's not possible

I use the plugin for tts to my google homes around the house.
    Right now when a google-home is playing the radio and a tts message is announced the radio is interrupted, the tts is announced and that's it.
    It would be nice to have an option to have the google-home continue playing the radio after the tts is finished.
    this has been discussed in other threads, and unfortunately it's not possible either

I selected to use google as tts engine, but somehow compared to the native tts from the google-assistant the tts broadcasted from homeseer seems slower, like she actually talks slower. If the speed is something you specify in the call to the google API it would be nice to expose this as an option through the plugin config panel as well.
    I can expose this parameter, but I think the default value is already the fastest.
    That being said one user reported a slow tts problem as well, he resolved it by changing the language to English and then back to his own language: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...eaks-very-slow

Comment

spud. I have a suggestion relating to the issue of having a device stop playing music, then do an announcement, then resume the music.

I have enough devices that there are always at least *some* that are not playing music (specifically, I don't play music to my Google Hub Minis as they don't sound that great and I also have a 'better' Chromecast speaker device in each room where I have a hub mini) but the issue I face is that the announcement devices (i.e., the Hub Minis) can get drowned out by the music playing speakers (I like my music loud).

Fortunately, I also have "Easy Trigger" which, as of this week, has a new "push" value and "pop" value feature in the current beta.

When thinking about how I could now use this "push" "pop" feature, I realized I could set up events such that, if an announcement is to be made, I first "push" the current volume setting of all of the Chromecast devices, I then lower all the ones playing music to a 0 volume, play the announcement or run the speech action, then Pop back the original volumes for the music devices. It seems it would get many users 90% of what they are really after (the other 10% being able to hear your entire song, but now you must miss a passage while the announcement plays.). Of course, this requires that users use different devices for announcements than music so that may be a problem for some, but for at least some users like myself it seems workable.

I haven't tried this yet though -- thoughts on any reason why this wouldn't work?

This seems like a use case where it would be particularly helpful if the push / pop feature could work on a group of devices rather than individually (though I understand from the Easy Trigger forum that is under consideration for the future).

Comment

Originally posted by zyx View Post

In version 3.0.0.30 (available from the beta section of the updater), I have added a speed slider in the config page. This slider can move through 10 different values, however from my tests it seems that there is actually only 2 possible speed. Anyway test it and let me know.

Comment

Working...
        X