Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change TTS settings in flow

Hi, and thank you for a great plugin.

Could an ability to change TTS-settings, via flows be added?
    The ability to set which speakers to use, and then fire the TTS command - could give the ability to have different announcements, in different rooms.

Maybe even a "Next TTS-command should only be send to X-speaker" - this would allow us to have a default setting, and still select speakers. (since HS doesn't allow selecting a speaker when using the "say something, event"

Originally posted by lurendrejer View Post
    since HS doesn't allow selecting a speaker when using the "say something, event"
    I see how it could be useful to change TTS settings dynamically, however the statement above is wrong, you can select one or several specific speaker when using a "Speak" action, see https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...79#post1070079

The chromecast speakers won't appear in the speaker client list, but you can enter them manually.

Comment

I must have completely missed that button, thank you! Please, just forget everything I wrote.

Have a nice day.

Comment

I can't get this to work and if everyone else can, the issue must be me.
        i have Nordic letters in my Google home names (æ,ø and å) - but changing these doesn't help one bit.

​​​​​​When I write the name of a speaker (correct cAsE and everything) it still doesn't speak anything. Have I missed something?

Comment

Originally posted by lurendrejer View Post
          I can't get this to work and if everyone else can, the issue must be me.
          i have Nordic letters in my Google home names (æ,ø and å) - but changing these doesn't help one bit.

​​​​​​When I write the name of a speaker (correct cAsE and everything) it still doesn't speak anything. Have I missed something?
          When you click the Test button on the config page, does your chromecast speak something?

Special characters like Nordic letters won't work when you enter them in the Speaker Clinet List box.
          If you can't figure it out, please provide some screenshots of how you have configured your Speak action, as well as some debug logs. Thanks

Comment

I will post screenshots if I still have no luck when I get around to it next time. It is night time here now, and tomorrow is busy.
            thank you for the suggestion - I'll try it out when the kids aren't sleeping.

Comment

Hi.
              I had it all backwards.
              I thought the TTS option in setup was the "default speakers" for TTS. Since i didn't wan't broadcasts to go to my bedroom - i had disabled TTS. Which, completely disables TTS - even when selecting the bedroom speaker in an event.

It made sense to me, when i saw the "test" button grayed out - when i removed the TTS flag on the speaker.

I still use nordic characters in my speaker names, but a neat workaround is to create speakergroups - with short non-nordic names.

Thank you for the help - keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
              X