Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goto Position in script function

Hi Spud,

You simulate "Next" by going to the end of the song, just as is possible with the Google Home app.
    In order to do FF or RW, I wonder if you could introduce "startposition" in the script function?
    Thx!
    Bob

BTW, an insightful comment to Googles retirement of the CCA would be valuable.
    - What other Chromecast implementations will work with the PI in the future?
    - Perhaps a topic/clarification by you?

I can add a Seek scripting function which would take a number of seconds as a parameter, is that what you want?

The plugin already works with all kind of chromecast implementations: Google Home, Chromecast Video, Android TV, etc...

Comment

Sounds great!

If a new function is the least disruptive for playback, fine with me!

I can imagine that the input should be an absolute position in seconds.
      FF and RW can be constructed around that with small and large steps forwards and backwards.

At the moment I use a Timer to keep track of the position when using Play/Pause.
      Is it feasible to read the real position somewhere?

Comment

Hi spud, did this ever idea make it to a release?
        Thank you!

Comment

I would love this function so I can skip commercial on YouTube TV.
          Thanks.

Comment

In version 3.0.0.41 available in the beta section of the updater, I have added the GoTo and CastWebPage scripting functions

Here is a VB script example for GoTo: the first function parameter is the chromecast ID, and the second one is the absolute position in seconds

Code:
            Sub Main(byVal args As String) 
                hs.PluginFunction("Chromecast","","GoTo", new Object() {"523287998cbc4314f6c954d4f2828c5f",10 }) 

End Sub

Comment

Working...
            X