Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadcast Function

Spud,

Picked up your plugin about a month ago, works pretty well overall, thanks for your hard work. I've been trying to keep on the development of the Broadcast function, hoping that we'll be able to take advantage of it at some point. Have you seen this Google Assistant Relay project?

https://community.smartthings.com/t/...cations/136473

...v

I just had a quick look at it, and it's based on the Google Assistant API, this plugin is based on the Google Cast API. Moreover it would need a Node.js server running somewhere. So it is a bit out of the scope of this plugin.

Comment

The nice thing about calling this from the assistant API is I think broadcast pauses the audio playing and resumes it somehow after the broadcast. But yes, it's a very different scope.

Looks like Google is doing a lot of work on it's SDK's here, so I suspect this will all get easier over time.

mike

Comment

Not fully understanding the technical implications and trusting spuds' judgment that it might be hard or even impossible to implement, I'll just like to add that having a function similar to the broadcast function would be sooo great. Just sending an announcement to the google mini and then resume whatever it was playing before it something I really miss...
        stefxx

Comment

Originally posted by stefxx View Post
          Not fully understanding the technical implications and trusting spuds' judgment that it might be hard or even impossible to implement, I'll just like to add that having a function similar to the broadcast function would be sooo great. Just sending an announcement to the google mini and then resume whatever it was playing before it something I really miss...
          To get this to work you would need to run another server program, node.js server. Best would be on another box like a Raspberry Pi and then Spud would have to modify his code as well. You would then have a three-way solution that would have to be configured, supported and troubleshot as well. Node.js server, HS3 server, Spud's Chromecast plug-in.

HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
          Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
          Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I believe that if one goes through the effort of getting the program running on node.js, you could probably send the Broadcast api calls directly to the program, wouldn't technically need Spud's plugin at all.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

im VERY interssted in getting a command action, via text/trigger instead of voice, sent to google home from homeseer... I want to trigger a routine or a spoken command without having to speak it

Comment

Working...
              X