Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to disable TTS to cast devices

Hello,

I have unchecked the TTS boxes for several cast devices that I don't want TTS going to but they still get the announcements.

I really don't want to have to go into every event I have with TTS and manually pick only the specific speaker clients I want to use...being able to just uncheck the TTS box in the plugin config page is so much easier...but it's just not working for me. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding the point of those check-boxes in the config page? Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, is there a way to disable the chromecast chime sound that plays before the TTS message?

Thanks!

Partial Answer:

The best I can find is you can turn off the "Playback sound" only on Chromecast devices. I cant find anyway to do it on my Minis.

https://support.google.com/chromecas.../6290498?hl=en

Comment

Originally posted by tallguydirk View Post
      Hello,

I have unchecked the TTS boxes for several cast devices that I don't want TTS going to but they still get the announcements.

I really don't want to have to go into every event I have with TTS and manually pick only the specific speaker clients I want to use...being able to just uncheck the TTS box in the plugin config page is so much easier...but it's just not working for me. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding the point of those check-boxes in the config page? Or am I doing something wrong?
      If one cast device is included in a group, and the TTS checkbox is checked for this group, then the announcement will be sent to that device even if the TTS checkbox for this device is unchecked. This is because the plugin doesn't know which devices are part of the group.

If this is not the problem, then please post a screenshot of your config page, and some debug logs.

Comment

Working...
      X