Google Home Hub - TTL stuck casting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home Hub - TTL stuck casting

Hopefully I can describe this with some clarity....

I have several events that speak to the Google devices scattered around the house. Works great with an oddity on the Google Home Hubs. After speaking the screen remains with the gray casting logo until I say "OK Google stop casting. At that point the background reappears.

Any thoughts on how to have it return to that starting point?

Thank you,

Chris

I don't have a google Home Hub to test with, but after your speak action you can try to add an action that activate the Stop control attached to the Chromecast application device. You will probably also need to add a wait action between the speak and stop action

Comment

I have just setup a Home Hub and am noticing the exact same thing. The HS (plugin) 'Application' device remains on "Default Media Receiver" and the casting logo remains displayed on the Hub.

Interestingly the first time, after a Hub reboot (Hub displays default backdrop screen) that I send TTS to the Hub I get the activation chime but no TTS speech, and the casting logo appears and stays on the Hub display. Subsequent times that I send TTS (while casting logo remains) there is no chime but the TTS works.

Then If I 'Stop' the 'Application' device in the HS control panel the casting logo disappears and the problem repeats with the initial chime and no TTS.

With the Google Home Minis and the Google Homes this problem does not exist. But there is the initial chime whenever the 'Application' device is 'None".

Of note, with the Google Hubs the default 'Application' status is "Backdrop", not "None". So I wonder if it has anything to do with the default 'Application' status on the Hubs.

I am also having similar problems with casting to the Hub as per this feed: (https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...p-camera-feeds).

Marty

iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Here's my solution to restoring the backdrop after TTS or casting. This hub is part of a few speaker groups so I've added additional triggers.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	238
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1349953
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
          Here's my solution to restoring the backdrop after TTS or casting. This hub is part of a few speaker groups so I've added additional triggers.
          But how are you overcoming the problem of the inital TTS or media casting just chiming and not actually playing the stream (TTS or camera feed)?
          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post

But how are you overcoming the problem of the inital TTS or media casting just chiming and not actually playing the stream (TTS or camera feed)?
            Turns out I'm not. I could only cast my camera feed once during my testing just now. I'm getting this error:

ERROR Default media controller app is not running on chromecast Kitchen display

This is using the plugin's cast action in an event. I found that I could get the stream to play if casting to it a 2nd time while the cast icon is on the hub display. This is similar to what you describe above with TTS.

Oddly, I can play WAV files and TTS just fine using hs.PlayWavFile() and hs.Speak() in my scripts even after receiving this error.

I don't recall having these cast issues before when first setting up my cast events, so I think this is new. Could be PI related or perhaps a Google update.
            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
            X