Chromecast Plugin creating multiple groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradse@msn.com View Post
    Hi Spud, updated and installed. Everything discovered once, but it's now failing on connection across my 6 speakers. Here is an example from 1 of them in the log.

Apr-11 1:18:20 PM Chromecast ERROR Error, Unable to connect speaker client interface: Not Authorized
    Apr-11 1:18:20 PM Warning Speaker host connection refused from 127.0.0.1 User: default User does not exist, does not have adequate rights, or the password is incorrect.
    Apr-11 1:18:20 PM Chromecast INFO Speaker client Attic Speaker has connected

It's because I changed the API for TTS, now the plugin acts exactly as if it was a HS speaker client. So if "Setup > Network > Web server settings > No Password Required for Local/Same Network Login" is unchecked you will need to provide a valid username/password which I forgot to add in the config page. I will fix that ASAP.
    In the meantime the workaround is to check this setting.

Also, this only affects TTS, all other features should still work, and the plugin should be able to connect just fine to the chromecasts.

Comment

I fixed this problem in version 3.0.0.33 available in the beta section of the updater. You can now enter a valid username/password (if needed) from the config page.

Comment

Spud, thank you for the rapid turn on 3.0.0.33. After a quick test, no new objects created in HS Dashboard, only singletons being created for each speaker and group, and security issue was fixed.

Nice work, thank you.

Best,
        Brad S.

Comment

I purchased the Spud Chromecast plugin back in May and experienced the duplicate groups problem, so much that it created several thousand devices and crashed my Homeseer. I had to restore a backup from before I installed the plugin. Has this been fixed? Is it in the production version or only in the Beta version? If I download the Beta version will it insist that I pay for it again?

Comment

Originally posted by leerobinson View Post
            I purchased the Spud Chromecast plugin back in May and experienced the duplicate groups problem, so much that it created several thousand devices and crashed my Homeseer. I had to restore a backup from before I installed the plugin. Has this been fixed? Is it in the production version or only in the Beta version? If I download the Beta version will it insist that I pay for it again?
            The fix for duplicated groups is both in production and beta versions.
            You don't have to pay again for installing a beta version, why do you say that?

Comment

I am inexperienced with plugins and when I go to mark it for download it I have to click on the "Buy Now" button. It appears to be working well now.

Comment

Has this issue come back for anyone?
                I have been sorting out my Google devices and something similar is happening.

I had 3 "All Speakers" all unchecked for Enabled.
                I could not delete them using the X so I removed it from the ini file. On restarting the plug-in, it found all the physical devices again but also found the All Speakers group.
                I assume it is the one I have setup in Google Home app?

Either way, what it has done is assigned it the same IP address as another Google Home mini further up in the list albeit with a different ID.

Comment

Working...
                X