Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banana
    replied
    Looks like Google home mini doesn't have this setting. How unfortunate.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Try what is described in the last post of this thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...ore-announcing

Leave a comment:

• banana
    replied
    Hi spud It seems that after installing the latest beta and disabling homegroup everything is functioning as expected. Do you know if there is a way to disable the ding sound?

Leave a comment:

• banana
    replied
    So far so good, after disabling Cast Group last night, it looks like the issue might have been resolved. Will report in couple of days.
    I am guessing that cast group was conflicting with the mini itself?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by banana View Post
    I might be onto something.

I realised there are 2 devices with same ip in my chromecast plugin and both are enabled

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_78874.png
Views:	158
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1301856
    It seems when both are enabled then I have 2 dings when one is enabled I have one ding, and sometimes no ding at all.
    What is the proper protocol for using chromecasts and groups?
    I would advise to disable the Google Cast Group from the config page. If both are enabled and if you do not target a specific device in your Speak action, the TTS will be sent twice to your device.
    Also you may want to upgrade to version BETA 3.0.0.33 (available in the Beta section of the plugin manager), this version uses a different TTS API and will be released soon.

When using google voice, the plugin does not generate a wav file, it directly sends a google url to the chromecast.

Leave a comment:

• banana
    replied
    I might be onto something.

I realised there are 2 devices with same ip in my chromecast plugin and both are enabled

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_78874.png
Views:	158
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1301856
    It seems when both are enabled then I have 2 dings when one is enabled I have one ding, and sometimes no ding at all.
    What is the proper protocol for using chromecasts and groups?
    Last edited by banana; April 28, 2019, 08:58 PM. Reason: formatting

Leave a comment:

• banana
    replied
    I will try testing more, I don't have any other chromecasts to test with yet.
    Some questions:
    1. Why does plugin do two ding sounds before speaking, is this something you specify?
    2. are you able to set delay to let google to generate the wav file before passing url to chromecast?
    3. Are you able to cache wav files locally forever? ( i wonder if the problem is the delay when wav is being generated)

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by banana View Post
    spud any idea what could be the issue with Google TTS by any chance ?
    no I don't know what the issue is, I don't think I have ever experienced this problem on my GH
    Is the problem specific to the Google Home Mini? do you have some other chromecast devices to test with?
    If you try with a much longer message, do you hear the end of the message?

Leave a comment:

• banana
    replied
    spud any idea what could be the issue with Google TTS by any chance ?

Leave a comment:

• mrceolla
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post

in Tools > Setup > Labs, you may need to set "Bind Server to IP Address" to the correct IP. Then restart the Chromecast plugin.

That did it, spud! My "play wav file" is now working correctly. Hopefully my response time issues are gone now and I can use system voices. Much thanks!

Leave a comment:

• mrceolla
    replied
    I can confirm the issue of my GH mini not responding in a timely fashion still exists in version .33. Sometimes it doesn't respond at all. Sometimes the status of my device shows as "Buffering" for quite a long time. I think it has to do with the plugin incorrectly targeting the wrong adapter IP address for certain things. For example, I have a speak event that first plays a .wav file. Speaker clients do this fine but GH mini will not. I see in the logs that the path to the .wav file I'm trying to play is wrong, just like when I try to use System voices. It is pointing to my VirtualBox Host-Only network adapter IP address, instead of the IP address of my host OS running HS3. Perhaps all of my problems are related to this. If the GH mini is trying to retrieve a file from an IP address that isn't responding, it must take a while to time out.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
    Update on my issue. I can get TTS to work when I choose to use the Google voices instead of the system voice. I think I prefer my Ivona system voice and would prefer to use that if possible. I think I just need to figure out how to change that IP address that is being sent in the JSON. Any ideas on that? Thx!
    in Tools > Setup > Labs, you may need to set "Bind Server to IP Address" to the correct IP. Then restart the Chromecast plugin.

Leave a comment:

• banana
    replied
    Odd thing is that if you hit that translate url it works by itself. I wonder if translate url is not available immediately from Google but returns 200 hence no sound after beep.

Leave a comment:

• mrceolla
    replied
    banana, I just tested again with Google voices and I have experienced what you describe. After a period of inactivity, the Test button does not have an immediate effect. It is delayed. Then, after it finally responds, subsequent Test presses are acted upon immediately.

Leave a comment:

• banana
    replied
    Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
    banana, I noticed that when I switch from System to Google for voices, it doesn't work right away and I experience that strange delay you speak of. Once that first message comes through, the Test button seems to work immediately each time after...at least for me.
    I am on Linux so I don't know how to use ivonna voices. But yes after initial ding it starts talking right away for some period of time.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X