No announcement yet.

SOLVED - After upgrading to .33, GH mini no longer speaking HS speak commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLVED - After upgrading to .33, GH mini no longer speaking HS speak commands

My normal HS Speaker clients are still working, but my GH mini doesn't speak anything when I use a standard HS speak event. The Test button works on the config page. I noticed the config option to Forward speech to HS Speakers is no longer there. Not sure what's going on. Any suggestions appreciated.

P.S. There is no Chromecast plugin activity in the logs, even with Debug enabled, when I initiation a standard HS TTS command. Should there be? Should my Google devices appear as HS speakers now?

I do not have the Bonjour service installed and would prefer to keep it that way. Hopefully that isn't the cause of my problems.

Comment

Cancel that. My default speaker list in HS included all of my speaker clients EXCEPT the newly added Chromecast speaker device. I must have entered something into that field a long time ago. I blanked it out and now I'm hearing TTS from my GH mini with .33. Sorry for the unnecessary post.

Comment

since version .32 the plugin now uses a different API for TTS. You may need to update your Speak actions, read this post: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...96#post1298296

if you go to Tools > About Homeseer, you should now see your chromecasts in the list of "Connected Speaker Clients"
        Using Bonjour or not shouldn't have any impact on this.

Comment

Working...
        X