Cast webpage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cast webpage?

Is it possible to cast a webpage (using this plugin).

I was thinking of creating some info screens as I just got a small 10" monitor with HDMI input and audio support which makes it prefect for a Chromecast.
    ​​
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Wow, nobody knows...?
    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

It's not possible with the current plugin, but this is something I can add.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        I’d be interested as well

Comment

Oh, that would be fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post

I’d be interested as well
            Me too.

--Barry

Comment

Agreed.
              My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

+1
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

In version 3.0.0.34 available in the beta section of the updater, I have added an event action called "Cast Web Page"
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	castwebpageaction.png Views:	0 Size:	12.7 KB ID:	1304373

To stop casting you can use the "Stop" control attached to the Application device

Comment

In version 3.0.0.34 available in the beta section of the updater, I have added an event action called "Cast Web Page"
                    Click image for larger version Name:	castwebpageaction.png Views:	0 Size:	12.7 KB ID:	1304373

To stop casting you can use the "Stop" control attached to the Application device
                    Wow! You just got a new customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Moskus View Post

Wow! You just got a new customer.
                      Same here! What are you going to be sending it?

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
                        Same here! What are you going to be sending it?
                        I have some 10" monitors around the home with HDMI from a matrix and Chromecasts connected (and a HDMI auto-switcher connected). I'll be sending an internal web page with the house status to them.

You?

Comment

Same thing. House status, weather, alerts, calendar, camera etc. Maybe art, photo albums and background music. I gotta research to see what it can support. Also ideally I’ll have it cast different pages based on certain conditions. May do certain things based on events like parties....need to start drawing it all up. Ideally I can figure out a way to mux everything into video stream and just multicast it. I know it can be done in Linux, render to a stream just need to research. That’s long term though.

Comment

Thinking about this more I may just roll out magicmirror. Had it running in a lab environment before

Comment

saw this feature added to the latest beta release. Tried to cast my blueiris http stream as a webpage and it works great. This will be a very useful feature and will for sure open doors that was not possible previously.

FWIW I've been casting the camera stream in a similar fashion and it works just fine. However, I also have a speak even that's tied to it and it doesn't work too well

IE: My event would trigger and the action would be "Speak" - Motion at the front door then cast the video feed. doesn't work. In either order it doesn't work. Is there a work around?

Comment

Working...
                              X