Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to cast camera URL's yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to cast camera URL's yet?

Is it possible to instead have casting speak, I want o cast camera video streams to The Lenovo and Google hubs. I'm able to do this in HASSIO natively, would really like to have it able to do it from HS3.

url would be http://serverort/mjpg/camera.mjpg etc...

I was attempting this just last night with an old Foscam WiFi camera. I was not successful. This camera's api had two endpoints for serving up motion jpg. One was videostream.asf, the other was videostream.cgi. Neither worked though I was able to get my Hub to look like it was TRYING to play something with the asf endpoint, while the cgi endpoint just showed the Cast icon on the Hub screen.

I haven't searched for this yet but I'd love to see a list of all file/stream types that can be cast to a Hub, along with the associated MIME type. Also, is the MIME type essential when casting via HS3 and this plugin?

If all else fails, what is the likelihood that I could repeatedly cast the camera's snapshot endpoint? Could I do at least 15 individual casts per second via this plugin?
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

you mean like doing a false 15 fps cast? I don't think the Hub can handle this, even with HASSIO if I have motion on too many cameras and it triggers the cast the Hub gets unresponsive.

I installed HASSIO mainly for this feature, while it works but it's troublesome, HS3 motion trigger HASSIO vice versa for a single event. I don't use the GH voice feature that's y i haven't purchase this plugin but saw the May sales so I thought I'd revisit this. I hope SPLUD can chime in. I envy the Nest cam for this feature

Comment

Maybe that's what I mean. I was thinking of writing a script to loop and continually call this plugin's cast function. Sounds like that won't work. There are a few other threads in this forum about cameras, and I just found one I didn't see before that helped me get my Foscam stream working:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...-to-chromecast

If I use "image/jpeg" as the mime type, which seems incorrect, it works. Yay! I was trying video/mjpg and video/mjpeg with no luck. I'm also using the .cgi endpoint mentioned above instead of the .asf endpoint.

Here are some other threads:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...ip-cameras-nvr

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...-streaming-hls
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
          Maybe that's what I mean. I was thinking of writing a script to loop and continually call this plugin's cast function. Sounds like that won't work. There are a few other threads in this forum about cameras, and I just found one I didn't see before that helped me get my Foscam stream working:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...-to-chromecast

If I use "image/jpeg" as the mime type, which seems incorrect, it works. Yay! I was trying video/mjpg and video/mjpeg with no luck. I'm also using the .cgi endpoint mentioned above instead of the .asf endpoint.

Here are some other threads:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...ip-cameras-nvr

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...-streaming-hls
          I actually using image/jpeg is the same way I got it working with Hassio.... I'll just buy the plugin and poke at it.

Comment

I just purchased as well. The TTS alone is worth the sticker price. I'd pay more for further enhancements. I have high hopes for HS3 and GH/Chromecast integration.

I'm not sure I fully understand your setup. Are you saying you use Hassio to cast to your Hub, and HS3 controls Hassio?

Comment

Yes, HASSIO natively detects the Google devices, what I've been doing is like this..

I create a Virtual Device in HS3 for each camera I want to show, in blue iris I send a webhook to trigger the HS3 VD to either to motion and no motion. The webhook in blue iris would send one for motion and one for no motion.

When this happens, I have an event that sends an MQTT message that's intercepted by Hassio with a similar VD that triggers motion sensor, then use a script in HASSIO to stream the mjpeg URL to the Hubs. You can also use Node-Red to acheive this but I don't undersand Node REd so I did it in a way that I understood it.

I'm able to cast the mjpeg url using this plugin now. There's still tweaking to be done but it's much cleaner than jumping between systems.

In Hassio I needed to add a second even to stop the streaming so it goes back to the home screen, seems like I'll have to do it with the Chromecast plugin as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_79052.png Views:	4 Size:	154.1 KB ID:	1303902

Click image for larger version  Name:	Oros-Thai.png Views:	0 Size:	34.2 KB ID:	1303904

Click image for larger version  Name:	Oros-Thai.png Views:	0 Size:	39.0 KB ID:	1303905

Comment

Yeah, your MQTT/HASSIO setup sounds more complicated than it needs to be. Glad to hear you got it working via this plugin alone.

What is the device at the content_id ip address 192.168.1.101? Is that the camera itself, BlueIris, or HASSIO?

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                  Yeah, your MQTT/HASSIO setup sounds more complicated than it needs to be. Glad to hear you got it working via this plugin alone.

What is the device at the content_id ip address 192.168.1.101? Is that the camera itself, BlueIris, or HASSIO?
                  The Blueiris server.

Comment

Ah, OK. Is it doing transcoding for you or simply re-serving the camera's raw stream? I could see transcoding being useful if the camera's native stream isn't supported by the Hub.

Comment

Working...
                    X