No announcement yet.

Speaker Client - not speaking all lines entered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here continue to utilize Microsoft SAPI and my zoned audio and mini touchscreen computers to run MS SAPI.

Current HS3 Pro computer is connected to the Russound and is running 5 instances of speaker dot exe with different voice fonts.

The touchscreens (15) run MS SAPI with different or the same voice fonts.

Been tinkering with sending speech to Alexa devices lately using MQTT (Alexa voice).

Click image for larger version

Name:	SAPI Touch screens.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	1317933
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Slick setup Mr. Pete! I am looking to do something like that at some point. I first need to wire the new house for sound. Right now I am using Echos, including the new echo sub which makes things sound pretty nice.

Using this PI with mini's rocks! it made things work very easily without having to wire the house up! Mini's are cheap and work real well for speaker clients. I am fully vested in th eAmazon Echo thing, twelve to date. But the mini's are cheap so who cares if you have both tech's i the house. You can shut the mic's off on the mini's, not sure if you can with ht elarger units.

BTW. Best buy is selling Mini's over the iNet for $25 and free shipping if you buy more than one. Just picked up two more.
      -Skybolt

Comment

Ahh so you are using Google Mini's as your speech proxy?

I assumed before you were writing about mini Intel computers running Windows.

How are you doing this?
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
        HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
        HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

LOL, Yes, I am using Google Mini's as proxy clients. For the most part they are working out great. I picked up six of them for $25 each from Best Buy and keep the mic's switched off.

The only issue I am seeing is, once in while they are not in sync when they speak. And as luck may have it, it is always the one in the bedroom that is out of sync with the rest. The furthest away from the WiFi source.
          -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
          X