Keeping Mini's in sync

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keeping Mini's in sync

I now have 6 min's, of which 5 are plugged in and working. The only issue after a week of using them is they don't stay in sync when speaking.

Is there any way of keeping them in sync?
    -Skybolt

So I guess there is no way of keeping the devices in sync when being used as speaker clients ...
    -Skybolt

Comment

We have a lot more than 6 and have a similar problem. Have you tried creating a whole home group and broadcasting to only one device? Your results may be better/worse.

Comment

No, I'll look into doing that and give it a try. I typically stay away from the "Home Group". But I was thinking of setting up a seperate AP/repeater for just that.

The real issue is that I don't use Google minis for anything other then HS. I all setup with Echos every where. Kind of doesn't make any send to use them, buthtey were so cheap I couldn't resist trying them out.
        -Skybolt

Comment

I only use my 4 GH minis for HS as well. Mine were horribly out of sync but after recently combining them into a speaker group in the Home app, and selecting the speaker group as the TTS target in events rather than individual GH minis, they are synced very well.
          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
            ...but after recently combining them into a speaker group in the Home app, and selecting the speaker group as the TTS target in events rather than individual GH minis, they are synced very well.
            Agreed. You just need to use speaker groups.
            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
              I only use my 4 GH minis for HS as well. Mine were horribly out of sync but after recently combining them into a speaker group in the Home app, and selecting the speaker group as the TTS target in events rather than individual GH minis, they are synced very well.
              This is awesome, thank you!

EDIT: Works perfectly as mentioned above.
              -Skybolt

Comment

How does the speaker group work? I manually add my speakers to the config file because the speakers reside on a different network than my homeseer server.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Comment

You might be SOL. I researched for hours on how to even determine which IP and Port that groups are using. Then I learned they can change. So manual config file creation didn't work for me once I wanted to use groups. Thankfully the new version of this plugin has discovery built in, which finds the groups. No need for Bonjour anymore.

If your HS machine can talk to your Chromecasts to send commands, why doesn't discovery work for you?

Note that once I went from manual config to the new version of this plugin with discovery built in, the plugin created all new HS devices for each of my GH devices. Major PITA. I've requested the ability to manually assign GH devices to HS devices which would alleviate this problem, and would also make device replacement easier.
                  HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                  Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
                  X