Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v35 discovery over VLAN

Spud,

I got an issue with the new discovery mode in v35. My chromecast devices are party placed in a IOT VLAN, en 2 are present in my home LAN (UNIFI system). This worked flawlesly in 34, but 35, only detect the devices in my HOMELAN (which my server is binded to). The chromecasts are in a unifi group and in unifi the communication between HOME and IOT VLAN are fully open for these devices. Also igmp snooping is on and igmp3 enhancement is on.

Regards Bart
    Regards Bart
    ------------------------------------------
    Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
    HSPRO 3.
    Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

I have no experience with Unify, but have you enabled the mDNS service like explained here: https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/artic...Network#enable ?

Comment

Yea that is enabled, and with 34 it worked perfectly...
      Regards Bart
      HSPRO 3.

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

I think I'm seeing something related as well. I'm still researching, but it seems something changed recently and now I can only partially see the Chromecast devices. I also have the Chromecast devices on a separate network from the Homeseer server.

During discovery all my devices are located and added to the device list, however an IP address is not associated with them. What is interesting is that all my Chromecast groups are also discovered, but they have correct IP addresses.

I'll keep looking and see if I can find some helpful log information to post.

Comment

So, I tried removing all chomecast entries entries from my chromecast.ini file which didn't seem to work. It did remove all the devices from the config page, but no devices were discovered after plugin restrart. I took it a sep further and removed the ini file and uninstalled the plugin, then reinstalled. After reinstallation I get the following error in my logs on a regular basis:
          Sep-03 9:04:20 PM Chromecast ERROR System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed. at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind) at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString) at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastTarget..ctor(String id, String name, String ipAddress, Int32 port, Boolean enabled, Boolean tts) at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastApp.ChromecastAddedEventHandler(Ob ject sender, ChromecastAddedEventArgs e)

Comment

Originally posted by Automate View Post
            So, I tried removing all chomecast entries entries from my chromecast.ini file which didn't seem to work. It did remove all the devices from the config page, but no devices were discovered after plugin restrart. I took it a sep further and removed the ini file and uninstalled the plugin, then reinstalled. After reinstallation I get the following error in my logs on a regular basis:
            Sep-03 9:04:20 PM Chromecast ERROR System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed. at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind) at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString) at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastTarget..ctor(String id, String name, String ipAddress, Int32 port, Boolean enabled, Boolean tts) at HSPI_Chromecast.ChromecastApp.ChromecastAddedEventHandler(Ob ject sender, ChromecastAddedEventArgs e)
            Could you set the log level to Debug, and provide full logs. thanks.

Comment

Debug log sent VIA email. The log shows devices discovered, the but the config page shows no devices:

Thanks!

Comment

Debug log sent VIA email. The log shows devices discovered, the but the config page shows no devices:

Thanks!
                thanks, the problem is that the plugin discovers the Chromecast but the IP is blank. I need to add more logging to investigate more, but is there anything special with your local network? Does your Homeseer machine has multiple network interface? Are you on Linux or Windows?

Comment

Things were working before, and there haven't been any network changes. Yes, the Chromecast/Google Home hosts are on a separate VLAN and subnet from the Homeseer server. They are connected with a pfsense firewall which relays the mDNS between subnets (VIA Avahi). Discovery of new google devices has worked with the same network config in the past - so not sure what's changed. The server is Windows 10 running the most recent version of HS.

Comment

Following, having same problem. HomeSeer server is in a separate VLAN from my chromecast devices. All worked well until upgrade to this version. Is there a way to download the previous version?

Comment

Things were working before, and there haven't been any network changes. Yes, the Chromecast/Google Home hosts are on a separate VLAN and subnet from the Homeseer server. They are connected with a pfsense firewall which relays the mDNS between subnets (VIA Avahi). Discovery of new google devices has worked with the same network config in the past - so not sure what's changed. The server is Windows 10 running the most recent version of HS.
                      I know the problem comes from the new library used for discovery but I need to pinpoint the exact problem and fix it. Could you install version 3.0.0.36 available in the beta section and provide another log. It won't fix the problem, but it has some additional logs. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by julietalpha View Post
                        Following, having same problem. HomeSeer server is in a separate VLAN from my chromecast devices. All worked well until upgrade to this version. Is there a way to download the previous version?
                        I will give you a link to download the previous version, but could you first help me by installing version 3.0.0.36 and provide the debug logs you get when the plugin starts. Thanks

Comment

Updated to version 3.0.0.36 and email logs. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Comment

any news on this issue? I saw version 37 in the beta section?
                            Regards Bart
                            HSPRO 3.

Comment

Originally posted by bartbakels View Post
                              any news on this issue? I saw version 37 in the beta section?
                              well, I'm still not sure what is the cause of the problem but I have just uploaded version 3.0.0.38 to the beta section with a potential fix.
                              please test and let me know how it goes.

if that still doesn't work, I would need one of you to record a wireshark dump while the plugin is running, so that I can see exactly what is going on.

Comment

Working...
                              X