No announcement yet.

v35 discovery over VLAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bartbakels , Automate , julietalpha , did any of you get a chance to test 3.0.0.38?

Comment

Hi,

Same issue for me, not working same symptoms (and similar of setup as the ones above). Couldn't find your email so have sent you a pm on Homeseer with the links to the Wireshark and debug log for version 38.

-Cadal

Comment

Same problem here. 3 CC on different VLAN from HomeSeer, stopped working with .35.

Updated to .38, still not working. For me, the IP is detected, but the “online”-checkbox isn’t checked on either of them.

Let me know if you need something, or if the data from Cadal is sufficient.

Comment

I think I found the problem. Please test BETA 3.0.0.39

Cadal , thanks for the wireshark dump.

Comment

.39 seems to fix the problem, thanks!

Comment

I also, installed the new .39, seems to be working however did not test audio output, since I'm not at home atm. But the test buttons are visible, so guess it works.
              Regards Bart
              ------------------------------------------
              Win7 64Bit on Intel NUCI7 with SSD
              HSPRO 3.
              Devices; 1370 Events; 691

Jon00 Scripts, JowHue, HSTouch, Plugwise, Z-wave, Ultranetatmo, Ultracam, PHlocation, BLUSBUIRT, MeiHarmony, Buienradar, MEiUnifi Pushover 3P, Random, Nest HSPhone and Blueiris

Visonic Powermax Alarm System (HS3) Interface: http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=11129

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                I think I found the problem. Please test BETA 3.0.0.39

Cadal , thanks for the wireshark dump.
                Looks good so far, only missing one of my speakers but that might be my problem. Thanks!

Comment

spud

I am having trouble with groups on v39. After seeing the fixes Spud put in for VLANs with the new discovery process, I decided to get moving on my own VLAN project. Everything HS related has been working great since the move. Just noticed, though, that in Config my speaker group does show enabled, but it does not show online.

The debug log states:
                  Chromecast DEBUG No IP Address, ignoring service
                  I decided to add a new group to test, and it will not show in Config at all. The debug log shows it is seeing the new speaker group, but I get that same "no ip" error.

Anyone else on v39, with Chromecast on a separate VLAN, and using groups successfully/unsuccessfully?

The only thing slightly different I have enabled so far is HS is bound to a different NIC; not sure how to tell if the plugin is using that binding.

Thanks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by kevins669 View Post
                    spud

I am having trouble with groups on v39. After seeing the fixes Spud put in for VLANs with the new discovery process, I decided to get moving on my own VLAN project. Everything HS related has been working great since the move. Just noticed, though, that in Config my speaker group does show enabled, but it does not show online.

The debug log states:
                    Chromecast DEBUG No IP Address, ignoring service
                    I decided to add a new group to test, and it will not show in Config at all. The debug log shows it is seeing the new speaker group, but I get that same "no ip" error.

Anyone else on v39, with Chromecast on a separate VLAN, and using groups successfully/unsuccessfully?

The only thing slightly different I have enabled so far is HS is bound to a different NIC; not sure how to tell if the plugin is using that binding.

Thanks so much.
                    This problem looks a lot like the problem I fixed in .39, could you try to reinstall this version in case something went wrong with the installation.
                    If your chromecast doesn't show online, it means the plug-in does not discover them correctly.
                    Does the problem only occur for groups, or for individual chromecast also?

Does it work with other software, for example can you cast from Chrome running on your HS3 machine to a speaker group?
                    Could you record a wireshark dump while the plugin is running?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

This problem looks a lot like the problem I fixed in .39, could you try to reinstall this version in case something went wrong with the installation.
                      If your chromecast doesn't show online, it means the plug-in does not discover them correctly.
                      Does the problem only occur for groups, or for individual chromecast also?

Does it work with other software, for example can you cast from Chrome running on your HS3 machine to a speaker group?
                      Could you record a wireshark dump while the plugin is running?

thanks
                      This is only happening with groups, and I can cast just fine to the groups with the Home app, play music, etc.. The re-install exhibited the exact same results. I'm at work, but will try to get wireshark remotely...

Will report back - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by kevins669 View Post

This is only happening with groups, and I can cast just fine to the groups with the Home app, play music, etc.. The re-install exhibited the exact same results. I'm at work, but will try to get wireshark remotely...

Will report back - thanks!
                        Did you ever get resolution for this problem? I'm having the same exact problem with groups with version .46.
                        RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Working...
                        X