Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug?

Hi

When I use the event cast media to a device (http://stream-dc1.radioparadise.com/aac-320 audio/aac), I need to send the event twice for the media to start.

First time, it loads the default media receiver, and second time it starts the stream. This is true for my Chromecast audio and Chromecast v3 devices.

Of note, if the TV/receiver the Chromecast is connected to is turned on it will start the stream on the first event.

Regards,

Ben

Hi spud. Any word on this? It is very reproducible for me using a variety of audio links, include flac (http://stream.radioparadise.com/flac), mp3 (http://stream.radioparadise.com/mp3-192) and aac (http://stream.radioparadise.com/aac-128) on Chromecast Audio and regular Chromecast devices. It is an intermittent problem with Google Home minis.

Comment

I think I have something like this going on as well. I sometimes have an audio file play before TTS and the audio file is not heard, but TTS is.
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Hi spud

Been almost a couple of months since I've posted this and no response. Are you still supporting this pi or is it falling by the wayside now that hs4 includes Chromecast support natively?

Comment

I read elsewhere on this forum that Spud has been hired by HomeSeer, and this PI is what's getting incorporated. I think overall that's great news. Congrats, spud!

But yes, I too would like to know if this PI is dead now. Will we have to wait for any future enhancements or fixes until HS4? Will there be a migration path from this PI to the HS4 supported one?
          HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
          Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Yes I am still supporting this plugin. The Chromecast HS4 plugin is based on the same code and will reuse the existing HS3 devices if any is found in the database, so migration should be smooth.

Regarding the original problem could you capture some debug logs?
            thanks

Comment

Hi spud

Sorry for the delay. Here's the debug log.

The chromecast in question is Basement Speakers. I triggered the same event twice - cast media to basement speakers. First time it loaded the default media receiver. Second time it started the stream.

Thanks for having a look.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi spud

Were these logs helpful to identify the problem?

Thanks!

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post
                  Hi spud

Were these logs helpful to identify the problem?

Thanks!

Ben
                  Yes it helped, and I think I have found the problem, but there is something strange in your logs, it seems to want to try to load an empty stream before your real stream. Do you have 2 CastMeida actions in your Event or a Speak action before the CastMedia action?

Code:
                  Nov-02 12:03:32 DEBUG Playing  on Basement speakers

Nov-02 12:03:32 DEBUG Playing http://stream-dc1.radioparadise.com/aac-320 on Basement speakers

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                    Do you have 2 CastMeida actions in your Event or a Speak action before the CastMedia action?
                    No. I triggered the same event twice. This is the problem exactly - it seems as though the stream itself isn't being seen by the plugin the first time the event happens.

Comment

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post

No. I triggered the same event twice. This is the problem exactly - it seems as though the stream itself isn't being seen by the plugin the first time the event happens.
                      No this is not the same problem, I do see your event being triggered twice, but each one seems to run 2 CastMedia action, one with an empty url, and one with the real one (look at the timestamps)

Code:
                      Nov-02 12:03:32 DEBUG Playing  on Basement speakers

Nov-02 12:03:32 DEBUG Playing http://stream-dc1.radioparadise.com/aac-320 on Basement speakers

Nov-02 12:03:58 DEBUG Playing  on Basement speakers

Nov-02 12:03:58 DEBUG Playing http://stream-dc1.radioparadise.com/aac-320 on Basement speakers

Comment

Yes, sorry spud you are correct. In an attempt to fix this I made the event have two actions

1. Cast media (no stream)
                        2. Cast media (with stream).

Unfortunately this didn't fix it and still needs to be triggered twice. Sorry about the confusion!

Ben

Comment

I believe I have fixed this problem in version 3.0.0.42 attached
                          Please install it, remove your extra "Cast Media" action, and tell me if fixes your problem. If it doesn't please send me some debug logs.

I can't upload the version to the updater right now because of a bug in the developer portal, sorry for that.
                          Attached Files

Comment

version 3.0.0.42 is now in the beta section of the updater, please install, test and let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Hi spud,

Thank you. WIth version 42 this issue seems to be resolved.

Best,

Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X