Feature: Add option to delay TTS stream after connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbessel View Post
    Could be I am running into multiple issues.
    Back on .39 and I can't get a wav file to play.

Looks like a bug in the path...

"administraor" is that a typo or does this directory really exists?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

"administraor" is that a typo or does this directory really exists?
      Oh that is real

It was a cheap Amazon mini Linux box that was apparently hand setup by someone overseas... they fat fingered it

It really doesn't cause me any issues unless I actually try and type it out...

Once I really figured out it was wrong I was too far into the install to back out.

I consider it an extra layer of 'security'

It is strange as the path is correct on the first line and wrong right after.
      Code:
      Dec  5 16:29:59 bessel-homeseer mono[18722]: PlayWavFile: /home/administraor/HomeSeer/Media/TriangleDinnerBell.wav

Dec  5 16:29:59 bessel-homeseer mono[18722]: Dec-05 16:29:59 ERROR System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/administraor/HomeSeer\Media/TriangleDinnerBell.wav".
      I didn't actually type the path I used the play wave file requester.

Scott

Comment

Hi,

I tried .42 on my Windows 10 machine and it kept crashing and restarting. I had to revert back to .40. Before upgrading to .42 I backed up my entire "HomeSeer HS3" directory. I restored .40 by copying the entire backed up folder back into place.

I tried changing to Debug logging while .42 was crashing and restarting, but I cannot locate any Chromecast log files in my "broken" HomeSeer HS3 directory. Sorry I can't be of more help.
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Also having problems with .42.. PI crash loops, especially when it's used .. Logs attached.

Chromecast.zip
          RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

sorry for the crash in .42, I fixed it in 3.0.0.43
            I can't upload it to the updater because the dev portal is currently broken. If you want to try it please install manually from the files attached
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              sorry for the crash in .42, I fixed it in 3.0.0.43
              I can't upload it to the updater because the dev portal is currently broken. If you want to try it please install manually from the files attached
              Thanks for the quick repair.
              RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

.43 is now in the beta section of the updater

Comment

Yes, thanks for the quick fix. I'm running .43 and it appears to be stable. My particular issue is still present, but maybe it should be a separate thread?

I'm calling:

hs.PlayWavFile("C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Media" & param, "", true)
                  hs.Speak(speakText, true)

...in a script file. I will usually hear the WAV file, but I will not hear the Speak text unless I specify hs.WaitSecs(2) between those two commands. Even then I will sometimes miss the Speak text. I believe this has something to do with the duration of the WAV file. However I thought the last parameter in hs.PlayWaveFile() meant the script would wait until completion. Maybe that only works with Speaker.exe?

All that said, at times I would hear only the TTS, and not the WAV file, though this was rare. Perhaps that was a symptom of the issue that you recently fixed.

Basically, I want to play a WAV file then immediately play TTS after it completes, with out an extended wait/delay between the two. Different WAV files could be played prior to the TTS so duration will vary. Is what I want to achieve possible?
                  HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                  Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                    Yes, thanks for the quick fix. I'm running .43 and it appears to be stable. My particular issue is still present, but maybe it should be a separate thread?

I'm calling:

hs.PlayWavFile("C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Media" & param, "", true)
                    hs.Speak(speakText, true)

...in a script file. I will usually hear the WAV file, but I will not hear the Speak text unless I specify hs.WaitSecs(2) between those two commands. Even then I will sometimes miss the Speak text. I believe this has something to do with the duration of the WAV file. However I thought the last parameter in hs.PlayWaveFile() meant the script would wait until completion. Maybe that only works with Speaker.exe?

All that said, at times I would hear only the TTS, and not the WAV file, though this was rare. Perhaps that was a symptom of the issue that you recently fixed.

Basically, I want to play a WAV file then immediately play TTS after it completes, with out an extended wait/delay between the two. Different WAV files could be played prior to the TTS so duration will vary. Is what I want to achieve possible?
                    the plugin does not honor the Wait parameter, so the only solution right now is to add some wait statement in your script.

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation, spud. I suppose I could store the duration of each file in the script and use that to guess a wait time. However I'd expect the time between HS sending the command and hearing the WAV file play could vary slightly each time making it difficult to eliminate any gap between the two.

Do you think the plugin will ever honor the Wait parameter? I could see it being difficult if not impossible to implement.

Comment

Working...
                      X