Chromecast no longer seen as speaker client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromecast no longer seen as speaker client

For a few weeks, my CCA hasn't spoken, so I had a look at it now. It probably happened after one of the recent updates.

In the settings, it is checked as a TTS and the test-button makes it talk:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	cc1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	20.8 KB ID:	1331214

When I try to run a "speak script", nothing happens:
    &hs.speak("Speak testing", True, "Gang:*")

If I use the "Speak somthing" event action the speaker isn't even listed:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	cc2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	9.8 KB ID:	1331215

Instead, one of the regular CCs are listed, which isn't checked in the config to be a TTS-device...

Any suggestions?

In your "speak script" you now need to use "Chromecast:Gang" as the name of the speaker

But that doesn't explain why you don't see it in the list of speakers.
    So, could you set the log level to debug, then restart the plugin and send me the logs if you still reproduce the problem.

Comment

spud would love to, but you seem to be a popular guy...

“Can not send message. User spud has exceeded their private message quota.”

Comment

Originally posted by ZoRaC View Post
        spud would love to, but you seem to be a popular guy...

“Can not send message. User spud has exceeded their private message quota.”
        Please try again now. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Please try again now. thanks!
          Done. Thanks!

Comment

Sirs - was there a resolution to this issue? Within the last week, my Chromecast and Google Home devices no longer appear connected within the Chromecast plugin, although my Google Home Minis continue to. Restarted the plugin in debug mode shows no errors, only connections made to my Google Minis and to a few of the speaker groups. I have made no configuration updates to my HomeSeer environment so not sure if this is related to a config change on the Google Home side. Looking for some insight to resolve this since the Chromecast plugin has worked very reliably with my Google Home technology in the past. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X