A series of related problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A series of related problems

Problem #1: My Android TVs are getting regenerated.

It had originally found these devices. I am pretty sure the timing is that they go an update for Android TV and then got regenerated. These are Nvidia Shield devices.

Problem #2: Deleting

Because I now had old invalid devices I wanted to delete the old ones that had the same name. I tried the delete button in the config, but all it seems to do is uncheck the checkboxes. Nothing gets deleted.

Problem #3: TTS while device is already playing something

The reason these new android TVs were a bigger problem was that they get added with TTS by default. It really screws up the Android TV to play to it while someone is watching something.

Problem #4: Status devices not getting populated.

It might not be a problem that these devices got added and with TTS on by default. I have the option to not do TTS if they are active. However, this doesn't seem to work. The problem is likely because most of the device that say if it is playing something are all blank. I don't think I ever see most of these devices get populated. Is this supposed to work?

-Tom
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Spud, are you still around to support this plug-in?
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Comment

sorry for the delay
      The delete button on the config page is supposed to delete the HS devices associated with this chromecast and then disable it, but it will still show in the config page.
      To delete it permanently you have to edit Config/Chromecast.ini and delete all the lines starting with the id of the chromecast, then restart the plugin. If it reappears after that then it means it is still advertised on your network.

regarding status devices not getting populated, yes it supposed to work but it depends what you are watching/listening and how you started it. If you are watching regular TV, the devices won't be populated, if you ask google assistant to play something from youtube on your TV, it should work.

Comment

Working...
      X