Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1" since 3.0.0.40.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
    sbessel Here's how I finally got to the source of my troubles. I installed Wireless Network Watcher from www.nirsoft.net. Although everything would still work and GH and minis would respond when spoken to, they actually appear to be off the network. Then suddenly they ...
    I do appreciate the feedback, but I have REPLACED all of my wireless network and my modem. I have also done numerous steps in between, from isolating the min's to their own hotspot and reconfiguring them from scratch at least 4 times EACH... Worse is that I have 9 of these stupid things.

I have a lot of networked devices and I have ZERO issues with any, not before and not now. The upgrade was not because of the mini's it was for other factors.

There is an issue with the mini's, something in their firmware causes issues, perhaps it is at the edge of some parameter here that no other device sees at my house.
    The point is I am done troubleshooting these stupid things.

My issue right now is the level of log noise... If I could get the log to clear up then I could move on.

thanks,

Scott

Comment

sbessel Have you tried changing the log level in the plugin from Info to Warning or Error? That might reduce the log noise you mention.

Edit: just noticed these log entries are coming from HS Speaker....not the Chromecast plugin.
      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
        sbessel Have you tried changing the log level in the plugin from Info to Warning or Error? That might reduce the log noise you mention.

Edit: just noticed these log entries are coming from HS Speaker....not the Chromecast plugin.
        I said I tried everything...

And of course I did this. My current issue is the "over logging"

thanks,

Scott

Comment

sbessel What networking gear do you have?
          "ASR" and "Speaker" are not coming from the plugin. It's HS that is adding these log entries. So spud won't be able to change this in the plugin.
          iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

mminehan is right, the ASR and Speaker lines are not coming from the plugin so I can't remove them. They are just the results of the plugin trying to connect/disconnect to your chromecasts.

In version 4.0.0.45 I added 2 settings for discovery that you can set from the Config/Chromecast.ini file (restart the plugin after you add or change those)
            Code:
            [DISCOVERY]
            query_interval=30
            pings_until_remove=4
            query_interval is the number of seconds between each query to discover chromecasts
            pings_until_remove is the number of successive non response from a chromecast after which it is considered as "Lost" by the plugin.

So if you set pings_until_remove to a big number, the plugin will never disconnect from a chromecast until the TCP connection is actually broken.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              In version 4.0.0.45 I added 2 settings for discovery that you can set from the Config/Chromecast.ini file (restart the plugin after you add or change those)
              Thanks spud - this worked.
              I added this section and cranked it up
              Code:
              [DISCOVERY]
              query_interval=90
              pings_until_remove=30
              System works as it did before and I haven't seen an error logged in the 2 hours since I made the change

Thanks again,

Scott

Comment

spud Can you please take a look, I don't think this is quite fixed yet.

This morning I had quite a few disconnect messages like this:
                Code:
                 [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]May-03 2:56:16 AM[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Speaker[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Bonus IP address: 127.0.0.1[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]May-03 2:55:45 AM[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]ASR[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Speaker Client speech recognition stopped[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]May-03 2:55:45 AM[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]May-03 2:52:38 AM[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Garage IP address: 127.0.0.1[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]May-03 2:52:07 AM[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Speaker Client speech recognition stopped[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]May-03 2:52:07 AM[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]May-03 2:27:56 AM[/COLOR][/TD]
                 			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Master Bedroom IP address: 127.0.0.1[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]May-03 2:27:25 AM[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                [TR]
                [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]May-03 2:27:25 AM[/COLOR][/TD]
                 		[/TR]
                [/TABLE]
                I was running debug to file and I am attaching the file.

My router logs do not show these devices disconnecting for any period of time.

I have run a continuous ping from my HS server to a few of these at a time overnight and not seen any dropped packets, yet the HS log shows they dropped.

I also have the chromcast.ini set with:
                Code:
                [DISCOVERY]
                query_interval=90
                pings_until_remove=30
                Which should be 45 minutes.

I am pulling my hair out here and I just can't see it being the network especially with the time set at 45 minutes.

Scott
                Attached Files

Comment

I’m dealing with this issue too.

brand new google nest mini.

ive created another ssid solely met for only 2.4ghz.

so far, it hasn’t dropped this evening. It was dropping every couple minutes prior to this change.

Comment

spud I am STILL fighting these issues.

I am 100% sure that these Chomecast devices are just crap as far as networking goes.

Is there anything you can do on the plug-in side to make it a bit more ignorant of these network issues?

Today I have a unit that keeps showing offline as far as the plug-in states, yet I can stream to it from the google home app.

If I try and ping it there is a HUGE delay before it starts responding. I am seeing similar from many others as well.

Look at this ping response:
                    Code:
                    PING 192.168.1.84 (192.168.1.84): 56 data bytes
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
                    ping: sendto: No route to host
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 4
                    ping: sendto: Host is down
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 5
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 6
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 7
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 8
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 9
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 10
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 11
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 12
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 13
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 14
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 15
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 16
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 17
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 18
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 19
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 20
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 21
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 22
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 23
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 24
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 25
                    Request timeout for icmp_seq 26
                    64 bytes from 192.168.1.84: icmp_seq=25 ttl=64 time=2022.452 ms
                    64 bytes from 192.168.1.84: icmp_seq=26 ttl=64 time=1018.690 ms
                    64 bytes from 192.168.1.84: icmp_seq=27 ttl=64 time=15.232 ms
                    64 bytes from 192.168.1.84: icmp_seq=28 ttl=64 time=282.491 ms
                    64 bytes from 192.168.1.84: icmp_seq=29 ttl=64 time=186.764 ms
                    64 bytes from 192.168.1.84: icmp_seq=30 ttl=64 time=96.463 ms
                    64 bytes from 192.168.1.84: icmp_seq=31 ttl=64 time=6.616 ms
                    64 bytes from 192.168.1.84: icmp_seq=32 ttl=64 time=10.040 ms
                    64 bytes from 192.168.1.84: icmp_seq=33 ttl=64 time=5.729 ms
                    64 bytes from 192.168.1.84: icmp_seq=34 ttl=64 time=55.437 ms
                    I have events to reconnect these as far as the plugin is concerned if they go offline, which helps a little on some errors.

My timeout in the config file is huge and should make the plugin ignore issues such as this. But it seems like it does not use the settings for all errors.
                    Jul-06 2:03:51 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
                    Jul-06 2:03:51 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1
                    Jul-06 2:02:51 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Master Bedroom IP address: 127.0.0.1
                    Jul-06 2:02:33 PM Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Master: Root (Delayed Action) - 1"
                    Jul-06 2:02:33 PM Device Control Device: Master Bedroom Mini Speaker Master: Root to Connect (1)
                    Jul-06 2:02:33 PM Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions Master: Root (Delayed Action) - 1"
                    Jul-06 2:00:08 PM Event Event Trigger "Speakers Reconnect - Master Bed"
                    Jul-06 2:00:08 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
                    Jul-06 2:00:08 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1
                    Jul-06 1:59:52 PM Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Master: Root (Delayed Action)"
                    Jul-06 1:59:52 PM Device Control Device: Master Bedroom Mini Speaker Master: Root to Connect (1)
                    Jul-06 1:59:52 PM Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions Master: Root (Delayed Action)"
                    Jul-06 1:58:54 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Master Bedroom IP address: 127.0.0.1
                    Jul-06 1:58:54 PM Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Master: Root (Delayed Action) - 2"
                    Jul-06 1:58:54 PM Device Control Device: Master Bedroom Mini Speaker Master: Root to Connect (1)
                    Jul-06 1:58:54 PM Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions Master: Root (Delayed Action) - 2"
                    Jul-06 1:57:33 PM Event Event Trigger "Speakers Reconnect - Master Bed"
                    Jul-06 1:57:33 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
                    Jul-06 1:57:33 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1
                    Jul-06 1:56:13 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Master Bedroom IP address: 127.0.0.1
                    Jul-06 1:56:08 PM Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Master: Root (Delayed Action) - 1"
                    Jul-06 1:56:08 PM Device Control Device: Master Bedroom Mini Speaker Master: Root to Connect (1)
                    Jul-06 1:56:08 PM Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions Master: Root (Delayed Action) - 1"
                    Jul-06 1:55:27 PM LED Lights Script requested: v2.64 : 5,green,false
                    Jul-06 1:55:27 PM Event Running script and waiting: /home/administraor/HomeSeer/scripts/LED_Status.vb
                    Jul-06 1:55:27 PM Event Event Trigger "Status Lights Set LED 5 Closed"
                    Jul-06 1:55:27 PM Device Control Device: Automation Virtual Status Front Door LED 5 to Closed (50)
                    Jul-06 1:55:27 PM Event Event Trigger "Doors Front Door Closed Locked"
                    Jul-06 1:54:52 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
                    Jul-06 1:54:52 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1
                    Jul-06 1:54:52 PM Event Event Trigger "Speakers Reconnect - Master Bed"
                    Jul-06 1:54:22 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Master Bedroom IP address: 127.0.0.1
                    Jul-06 1:54:18 PM Event Deleting event after run: "Delayed Actions Master: Root (Delayed Action)"
                    Jul-06 1:54:18 PM Device Control Device: Master Bedroom Mini Speaker Master: Root to Connect (1)
                    Jul-06 1:54:18 PM Event Event Trigger "Delayed Actions Master: Root (Delayed Action)"
                    Jul-06 1:53:54 PM Event Event Trigger "Speakers Reconnect - Master Bed"
                    Jul-06 1:53:54 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped
                    Jul-06 1:53:54 PM Speaker Speaker host disconnected, Name: CHROMECAST IP address: 127.0.0.1
                    Jul-06 1:53:09 PM Speaker Speaker host added, Name: Chromecast Instance: Master Bedroom IP address: 127.0.0.1
                    Jul-06 1:53:09 PM Device Control Device: Master Bedroom Mini Speaker Master: Root to Connect (1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Jul-06 1:51:57 PM Chromecast ERROR No route to host
                    Jul-06 1:51:08 PM Event Event Trigger "Speakers Reconnect - Master Bed"
                    Jul-06 1:51:08 PM ASR Speaker Client speech recognition stopped

[DISCOVERY]
                    query_interval=15
                    pings_until_remove=1000

Comment

FWIW, I had a ton of these even with HS3. The issue was a router that played games (for lack of a better term). I added a second router as an access point, and pointed all my wireless devices to it. I occasionally get a Chromecast disconnect but within a few seconds it's connected again. If I do get a disconnect it's one GH Mini every third or fourth day and like I said, it reconnects shortly after.

My main router that caused all the problems is an Altice One all in one box.

Comment

It is not my network. It has been completely changed with the same end results. As I have said I have been fighting this for some time and I do not believe there is a solution here for these units.

What I am looking for is the chromecast plugin to be able to ignore the timeouts. I do see the units working even if the plugin says they are not. There are times when they are actually not responding and that is fine.

If I can get the plugin to ignore this and not fill my log with errors I would be happy.

Scott

Comment

I just created events to reconnect any of the devices if they are disconnected for 45 seconds. That seems to keep things working fine. I would assume/hope the recently added INI parameters related to timeouts and reconnects can eliminate the need for these events, but I haven't upgraded to that version to play around with them yet.
                          HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                          Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

I finally got around to updating to the latest version of this plugin, and adding those lines to the ini file. I haven't noticed any change either.

My problem becomes most evident when I'm casting to a speaker group with 11 group members from VLC media player. Every so often the song will stop prematurely and then the next song will start almost immediately. I then check the HS logs and always see activity from this plugin at the time of the song change, usually disconnect or reconnect messages, but always DEBUG RX messages. This plugin reports one speaker disconnecting more than the rest, and it happens to be the speaker that is in charge of the speaker groups. This speaker is not the farthest away from an access point and I've also tried it in a different location, but it is the one that regularly disconnects, along with all of my groups, when I'm streaming to a group with a lot of group members. It's as if the speaker is overwhelmed by trying to respond to discovery or "is connected" requests for itself, and the groups, while in the process of streaming.

So, I attempted to adjust the discovery and disconnect settings described above, but have not noticed a change.

I don't know how this plugin, or Chromecast communication works. I don't understand the connection between Discovery and determining if a device is offline. I believe discovery is a single, multi-cast request that all devices respond to. If that is the case, perhaps this plugin should only attempt to do discovery when adding new devices, or if a device goes offline. If that is not the case and this plugin pings each device individually to make sure it's still online, I sure hope that it is throttled or spaced out so that all 18 of my devices aren't queried simultaneously. I feel like it is one of those two things causing my performance issues when casting to a large speaker group.

I would love to learn more about how this all works under the hood from spud, if he has some time, so that I can further troubleshoot. Spud, if you're interested in looking at my logs from these occasions, please let me know and I'll PM you. I don't like posting logs publicly since I'm not exactly sure what's all in them, and I don't want to send them to your inbox uninvited.

Thanks!
                            HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
                            Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
                            X