Installed Bonjour and then Chormcast Unable to see Google Home Displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed Bonjour and then Chormcast Unable to see Google Home Displays

Running HS3 Pro on a Windows 2019 Server, with latest .net as a Virtual Machine. Loaded plugin to use with Google Home Displays Plugin doe snot see any of my Google displays
    Bonjour is loaded and running on the OS - Note My Server subnet is 10.0.1.0 and Google Home devices are 10.2.2.0 (Wifi)

Attached are logs from Chromecast appreciate any Ideas to get this to work
    Feb-02 7:43:29 AM Chromecast INFO Shutting Down plug-in
    Feb-02 7:42:49 AM Chromecast INFO Chromecast version 3.0.0.39
    Feb-02 7:42:43 AM Chromecast INFO Shutting Down plug-in
    Feb-02 7:30:05 AM Chromecast INFO Chromecast version 3.0.0.39
    Attached Files

I'm not sure this is related to your problem or not, but the latest versions of this plugin do not require Bonjour. I've also read there are some hoops to jump through when using Windows Server OSs with HomeSeer, depending on what you're all doing with HS. For example, I remember I needed to install Multimedia Services, or something like that, in order to get TTS to work on one of my old Server OS builds. I was using Speaker.exe back then. I don't know if Chromecast TTS needs that or not..

I'd also think the Server OS firewall would be suspect.

Good luck!
    HomeSeer 3, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Smart Speakers, Foscam cameras, Amcrest camera, RCA HSDB2a doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Any chance you want to run Homeseer on a linux computer? I find the network management slightly more transparent.

Comment

Working...
      X