No announcement yet.

Unreliable intermittent performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correction on "living room speaker". My fault. Apparently I have two GH devices with the same name. It does work.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
      I have hard time labeling this device "deffective". Hardware either works or not. It is the software that takes unexpected twists and turns.
      This kind of device runs software too. You may have a bad firmware or something. What generation is it?
      The fact that it works intermittently would make me think that it may be something on your network that prevent the device to connect to the web at some time.

Comment

My network is being used heavily every minute. If it stops working (rarely happens) I'm getting a call within 30 sec. I would exclude network problems. Yes. Chromecast Audio is an older device that is discontinued now and I can't buy a fresh new one to compare.

Comment

you can find them on ebay.. but they are overpriced.. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...audio&_sacat=0 i remember buying them in the past at $35

Comment

I'm thinking of two things to trying address the issue if we are to assume (still assumption only that plug-in is OK and the fault is at the device ).

1. Use the same Chromecast Audio but add it to a power supply strip that turns off for 30 sec. every day at 4:00 AM to reboot all the devices that are on it.
            2. Use another newer Chromecast Vidoe streaming device that I have. However I need to purchase HDMI to RCA converter to connect it as audio source.

Which one would you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
              I'm thinking of two things to trying address the issue if we are to assume (still assumption only that plug-in is OK and the fault is at the device ).

1. Use the same Chromecast Audio but add it to a power supply strip that turns off for 30 sec. every day at 4:00 AM to reboot all the devices that are on it.
              2. Use another newer Chromecast Vidoe streaming device that I have. However I need to purchase HDMI to RCA converter to connect it as audio source.

Which one would you recommend?
              you said in the first post that rebooting the Chromecast doesn't help, so I guess 2.

Comment

OK will do 2. pls stay tuned for the result. I will notify you here either way good or bad news.

Comment

Working...
                X