Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromecast CAPI help

Hello,

I have an event that runs every hour, plays BigBen sounds.

But it seems the Google Speakers stay connected, and I can't stream to the speaker from my iPhone.

I have to disconnect the device, I then can stream to the speaker from my iPhone.

I want to create a script that will run a disconnect after each BigBen event, but I cannot get it to work.
    ( I have 14 speakers/Chromecast, so I want one script that I can call from multiple events.)

hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(2851,True,"0", False,False))

Root deviceID 2850
    Connection deviceID 2851

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Tom

Originally posted by tmassano View Post
    Hello,

I have an event that runs every hour, plays BigBen sounds.

But it seems the Google Speakers stay connected, and I can't stream to the speaker from my iPhone.

I have to disconnect the device, I then can stream to the speaker from my iPhone.

I want to create a script that will run a disconnect after each BigBen event, but I cannot get it to work.
    ( I have 14 speakers/Chromecast, so I want one script that I can call from multiple events.)

hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(2851,True,"0", False,False))

Root deviceID 2850
    Connection deviceID 2851

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
    Tom
    Sorry, I don't want to take this off topic. Are the BigBen Sounds chimes? Where can I get these from?

Comment

I got mine from here https://www.soundsnap.com/tags/big_ben

Comment

Spud, no recommendations on writing a script to disconnect the Google devices?

Comment

Not sure to understand why you would need to disconnect the plugin from the Chromecast, you shouldn't have to do that.

Anyway here is some C# code that should do what you want:

Code:
                          CAPI.CAPIControl[] controls = hs.CAPIGetControlEx(2851, false);
                          CAPI.CAPIControl control = Array.Find(controls, c => c.ControlValue == 0);
                          hs.CAPIControlHandler(control);

Comment

Thank you Spud, I will give this a try.

Yes, it makes no sense, and I'm sure its a Google bug, not yours.

I play tones every hour.
            The plugging stays connected

If I try to cast music from my phone to a speaker, it tells me something went wrong.
            If I try to cast music from my phone to a Display, it gives me a 101 Error.
            This is from Spotify or SiriusXM on my iPhone.

If I cast to a group of speakers, it works.

If I reboot the speaker, I have a small window to connect my phone, before HS connects. Once HS connects, I cannot from my phone.

Always, if I disconnect the HS plugin, I have no issues.

Thanks again,
            Tom

Comment

Working...
            X