Chromecast Audio Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromecast Audio Names

Spud, I use Chromecast Audios to feed multizone amps, and while I have a bunch of other Google home devices where the name I gave the device shows up in status and I can set them up in events, the chromecast audios all have names like ChromecastAudio1929. Note only the Chromecast Audios do this, all the other devices, home speakers, hubs, even Nvidia Shield TV's seem to show up with the name.

Is this a bug or is there some other problem?

thx
    mike

I would have to see some debug logs when the plugin discovers the chromecast audio to see if I can retrieve the name from somewhere else.
    That being said, you can rename the HS devices to anything you want if that bothers you.

Comment

Spud, even if I change the ID from the long hex string, that doesn't change what the device name is in device management. It still says ChromecastaudioXXXX, which was the original name of the device, before it was renamed in the Google home app. This isn't true of the other hubs, and Shields etc... The PI gets the name right when I look at the plugin config. It's just wrong when it shows up in device management.

How do I delete all the devices and have it relearn the names etc..?

Comment

Originally posted by fresnoboy View Post
        How do I delete all the devices and have it relearn the names etc..?
        Delete the devices from the device management page, then restart the plugin.

Comment

Working...
        X