Chromecast Devices Volume Reset to 45%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chromecast Devices Volume Reset to 45%

Every night my chromecast devices volume level gets reset to 45% when I run my "Go to bed" event. I do not have any volume control set it the event. I have 3 Google Home minis. I set 2 of them to 70% volume level and 1 to 60% volume level. The next time I run the event all 3 are at 45% volume. This happens every time.
    Why is this changing and how do I stop it?

The plugin never reset volume by itself, so you have to find out what does.
    If you know it happens everyday at midnight, you can also create an event to set the volume to the value you want after the reset occurs.

Comment

I edited my original post with an event that we run every night. I ran it again and watched the Chromecast volumes and they changed when I ran the event. There is nothing in the event that controls volume. I have had this event for a few years and have only had the Chromecast plugin for a few months. Before this we used computer speakers.

Comment

I have added to the event to run another event to reset the volumes, but they shouldn't change to start with. Other events that do TTS do not change the volume.

Comment

Long shot but could Google Home night mode be changing the volume?
          -Wade

Comment

There's a night mode? I only purchased the minis for speakers. I use Alexa for other functions

Comment

It's in the settings for each device in the Home app. Pretty sure it defaults to off so likely not the culprit but worth checking since it's a way volume can be controlled automatically.
              -Wade

Comment

Thanks for the info. I did check it and Night Mode is turned off on all 3 devices

Comment

Working...
                X