Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERROR System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server --->

Hi spud,

Sorry for the wrong titel. That was my first problem but I already solved that.

I already use your iTunesDaap and Airplayspeak plugins for many years with great pleasure. Now I would like to integrate events that run a Google home command/device with your chromecast plugin. Although I spent many hours trying, I can not get it to work.

I would like to set an device to on/off. So I use Hey google, set ... to ON. This works fine when manually spoken directly to google assistant. But unfortunately not through the plugin with a TTS message. Google home is running on a tablet that is always on.

The problem is, that Google Home does not respond to a TTS message. A TTS message run by a HS event is spoken by the chromecast as it should. It is loud and clear in all the preferred languages. It shows up at the chromecast screen, I see in Google Home that there is a file made while speaking. Or at least it looks like.

Tried changing the HS IP binding. Add firewall rules for hspi_chromecast.exe. Tried without firewall. Different speech engines. But no luck.

Running the latest beta plugin. And I use several scripts that read an internet site, for example for an API. So the internet connection within HS is working as it should. https://translate.google.com/ is reachable from the HS machine, when I try this in edge. I also pinged the local address which is equal to the address in the debug file, just to be shure.

Attached a debug file log. Maybe that can give you a clue what is wrong? Do I miss something?

Many thanks in advance!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ralfmen; July 8, 2021, 02:16 PM. Reason: Sorry for the wrong titel. That was my first problem but I already solved that.

I could not quite determine what you are trying to accomplish or what your issue is. Are you trying to get other Google speakers to respond to a TTS message formatted as "Hey Google, do something" spoken by a different speaker? Or are you expecting a TTS message to act as a command to your Google Home devices? I don't think either of those would work. If that's not it, I don't quite understand. TTS is text-to-speech. It won't control anything
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Thank you for your response. Sorry that I did not pointed out my question clear enough. What I would like to do is what I found on this thread on the forum:

Can Google Assistant respond to Homeseer devices? - HomeSeer Message Board:

The question in there is: I have Google Home integrated with HS3 and so far working great for Voice Commands from Google controlling devices within Homeseer.
      Does any one know if we can have Google Home or Google Assistant respond to Homeseer. For example: if a device changes to On, then Google Assistant execute voice command "play music" or "Broadcast on all speakers...". Does anyone know if this is possible and how to do it?

And the given solution should be this chromecast plugin. So I 'am now seeking in this way. But unfortunatly with no luck.

Hope this clarifies my question a bit more.

thx.

Comment

A solution to "Broadcast on all speakers..." is to create a speaker groups within Google Home, which this plugin will see, and then send TTS to that speaker group.

There is a Node Red solution to send commands to Google Home/Assistant but from my understanding there are some limitations in regards to streaming services, so that may not help your other use case for "play music", but I'm not sure. You can search here for info on those Node solutions.

VLC Media Player can cast to speakers and speaker groups, so if you have your music locally, I have some HomeSeer scripts that could help you play music that way. That's what I do. I use VLC Media Player to cast my local music to a speaker group for synchronized whole home audio.

Ultimately, IMHO, you should try to avoid what you're trying to do. HomeSeer should be your central brain. All the devices you want to control and things you want to accomplish should be able to be done with HomeSeer alone. And Google is just an interface to HS. If your device only works with Google Home and not HomeSeer directly, you bought the wrong device. Obviously this isn't always possible to achieve, but with HomeSeer, that should be your goal.
        HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
        Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Thanks for your comprehensive answer. Much appreciated. And I can only agree with you. Controlling devices only through HS should be the leading way. The software is great and much capable. This is my first time, I am seeking for an solution to control a device not directly from HS. In this case I have to choose to set up and integrate a MOD or KNX system, just for one device. Which is complicated and expensive. At least for one device. And because this device can also be controlled by Google home, I am looking in that direction. And I can let HS speak something on a speaker and let google assistent by microphone do the action. But i would rather like some more sophisticated solution. A solution that can not be heard.

I think your solution with a speaker group is also with the spoken TTS. But if that is what it is, and there is no other method, then I will use this one. Or am I wrong and is this indeed a method without really hearing the TTS?

My music system is with iTunes and apple devices. This is so far integrated, that I'm not seeking for an other solution right now. But thanks anyway for pointing me out. And offering me help.

But what do you mean by the red node solution? When music is not my use case, is this a solution for me?

Many thanks again!

Comment

I happened to stumble across this:

HOW TO: Use HomeSeer Event to send command to Google Assistant (yes you read right) - HomeSeer Message Board

while looking for this:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...03#post1358503

It mentions "Assistant Relay" using "NodeJS", so perhaps I was wrong on Node Red. I don't know Node.

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
              I happened to stumble across this:

HOW TO: Use HomeSeer Event to send command to Google Assistant (yes you read right) - HomeSeer Message Board

while looking for this:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...03#post1358503

It mentions "Assistant Relay" using "NodeJS", so perhaps I was wrong on Node Red. I don't know Node.
              Thank you. Very interesting!

After reading this, I think for me it is better first to migrate to HS4 before trying solutions in this way. And maybe these solutions are a bit further developped and easier to integrate by that time. It will be a winter job. As mentioned before, at this moment I have only 1 device to control. And I do that now in a none sophisticated way, by physically speaking a TTS message. But that works for now. 😀

Comment

Working...
              X