Update Fails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Fails

I'm on a Windows 10 PC. When I try to update to 3.0.0.19, the update fails every time. I've tried restarting HS and disabling the PI to do the update, but that does not work. I was able to update some other PIs. Any thoughts?

What do you have in the logs when you try to update?

Comment

Sorry I didn't post the logs orginially. Here you are.
      Sep-13 4:47:40 PM Updater Install/Update of package DirecTV failed.
      Sep-13 4:47:40 PM Updater Error Installation of package DirecTV failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
      Sep-13 4:47:40 PM Updater Error Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_DIRECTV.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_DIRECTV.exe' because it is being used by another process.
      Sep-13 4:47:40 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_DIRECTV.exe
      Sep-13 4:47:40 PM Updater Installing package DirecTV
      Sep-13 4:47:40 PM Updater Update hspi_directv.exe downloaded successfully
      Sep-13 4:47:40 PM Updater Downloading update: DirecTV
      Sep-13 4:47:40 PM Updater Starting download of updates
      Sep-13 4:47:32 PM Info Plugin DirecTV with instance: has disconnected
      Sep-13 4:47:32 PM Plug-In Shutting down Plug-In: DirecTV
      Sep-13 4:47:27 PM Updater Install/Update of package DirecTV failed.
      Sep-13 4:47:27 PM Updater Error Installation of package DirecTV failed. Try disabling the plugin first, then re-try the update.
      Sep-13 4:47:27 PM Updater Error Copying source to C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_DIRECTV.exe, detailed error: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_DIRECTV.exe' because it is being used by another process.
      Sep-13 4:47:27 PM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_DIRECTV.exe
      Sep-13 4:47:27 PM Updater Installing package DirecTV
      Sep-13 4:47:27 PM Updater Update hspi_directv.exe downloaded successfully
      Sep-13 4:47:27 PM Updater Downloading update: DirecTV
      Sep-13 4:47:27 PM Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

I figured it out. For some reason my home wired network was setup as a Public network. I switched it to Private in Windows and that did it.

Comment

I will add to this, that I had the same issue. Failed Update from 3.0.0.18 to 3.0.0.19. I disabled the Main Plugin instance, and it still failed. I had to not only disable the main instance, but the other 2 instances I had for other rooms. Then it was successful.

Comment

Got the same issue 18 to 19. Also got it on my Media Controller. I disable the plugins (all the DirectTV ones) and opened my Task Manager. I ended all of the "HSPI_DIRECTV" processes. Did the Install again, Success! Did the same for the Media Controller (HSPI_MediaController) and it worked too.

Comment

Working...
            X