Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with plug-in (or maybe with the DirecTV configuration)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with plug-in (or maybe with the DirecTV configuration)

I have the plug-in installed and have two problems. First, related to my DTV installation. I had them out to upgrade to 4K reception and they installed a server of some kind in my basement and what appear to be identical Genie 2 (I think) boxes in each TV location. One of the TV's works almost correctly -- the only problem with it is the on and off buttons on the plugin do not function (they cause a loud beep to go out through the TV audio). Everything else works correctly.

The other problem (which is likely uncorrectable unless someone knows a setting on DirecTV that I couldn't find) is that the other TV's are not visible to the server unless they are turned on. The getLocations query returns this. And if a second TV is turned on, an additional entry appears here (and it, too, can be controlled by the plug-in, but the plug-in gets confused when it gets turned off and the server quits recognizing it clientAddr.. None of the Tv's set top boxes appear to have an IP address that is accessible. Is there a solution, or is the only solution to us infrared?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	DTV.png Views:	0 Size:	150.8 KB ID:	1401563

I have the plug-in installed and have two problems. First, related to my DTV installation. I had them out to upgrade to 4K reception and they installed a server of some kind in my basement and what appear to be identical Genie 2 (I think) boxes in each TV location. One of the TV's works almost correctly -- the only problem with it is the on and off buttons on the plugin do not function (they cause a loud beep to go out through the TV audio). Everything else works correctly.
    the on/off functions not working for Genie boxes is a known problem and doesn't have any good solution as far as I know.

The other problem (which is likely uncorrectable unless someone knows a setting on DirecTV that I couldn't find) is that the other TV's are not visible to the server unless they are turned on. The getLocations query returns this. And if a second TV is turned on, an additional entry appears here (and it, too, can be controlled by the plug-in, but the plug-in gets confused when it gets turned off and the server quits recognizing it clientAddr.. None of the Tv's set top boxes appear to have an IP address that is accessible. Is there a solution, or is the only solution to us infrared?
    Yes you need to have all your genies boxes turned on when you configure each instance of the plugin, but after that I don't think it is a problem. You can turn off a box, and then the next time you turn it on, the plugin will be able to control it.

Comment

Thanks. When I saw them go away, I guess it never occurred to me to set them up and see if they survived a power recycle. They all work fine now, except the on/off which I'll just have to live with I guess. I suppose I could switch them (especially the one I care about in a home theatre room) to use IR control and use IR through Global Cache. (I'm trying to create a one-screen does all for the DirecTV, Marantz receivere, projector, bluray payer, screen, and the room lighting). Or I can just leave DirecTV on all the time and disable their 4 hour timeout.

Appreciate your help!!

Comment

Working...
      X