Events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Events?

Are you planning on doing any kind of event adds?

what kind of events would you like to use?

you can already trigger some events based on the DirecTV device values.
    For example you can trigger an event when the direcTV is switched on by selecting a trigger type "A device's value is..." and then select "the device changes and become"

Comment

Is there any way to send a message to pop up on the screen? That could be a useful one. Also, any way to control DLNA through this?

Comment

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
        Is there any way to send a message to pop up on the screen? That could be a useful one. Also, any way to control DLNA through this?
        this plugin is based on the DirecTV SHEF API, which as far as I know doesn't have a way to send a message pop up to the screen.
        the API is not based on DLNA, so no way to control DLNA either

Comment

Understand. I found a document on the SHEF commands, and your right, see nothing about posting to the unit. So that is out of it.

But, (always a but somewhere), could you add rating (rating) and Parental Control locked (isPclocked). These would both be good to monitor for the kids TV's.

Comment

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
            But, (always a but somewhere), could you add rating (rating) and Parental Control locked (isPclocked). These would both be good to monitor for the kids TV's.
            sure, I will add this as 2 new devices asap

Comment

done in version 3.0.0.6, available from Beta Testing thread

Comment

That was quick. Looks good!

Comment

Rating Level as event.

Can you make it so that the rating level can be monitored in an event? Right now, if I choose that rating device, it gives me a number range only.

Comment

You can't do it with a trigger of type "The device value is..." because the rating device doesn't have predefined values.

I think the best solution for this problem would be to have a new trigger type "The device status is...". I have added a bugzilla ticket to ask for this feature a while ago but I don't know when it will be implemented: http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=939

Alternatively, I guess I could add predefined values for the rating device based on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Televis...#United_States

Comment

Working...
                    X