No announcement yet.

Address is the same for all devices...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Address is the same for all devices...

Hi again,

in my installation, the Address of the devices all say HOME. Can you change this so that everything gets a unique address? This way the information can be pulled by either customer pages or apps?

Also, before i updated to the latest version, the root showed the IP address and port, now it is just showing the port.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
    Hi again,
    in my installation, the Address of the devices all say HOME. Can you change this so that everything gets a unique address? This way the information can be pulled by either customer pages or apps?
    How do you pull information from devices? Can't you use the device name or the reference id?

Originally posted by chrkov View Post
    Also, before i updated to the latest version, the root showed the IP address and port, now it is just showing the port.
    change the ip address from the config page, it should reset the root device status.

Comment

chrkov,
      Even if the address is the same, you can edit the device and add an X10 code. Ex. z1, z2, etc. That will make the address be "Home-z1", "Home-z2" You should be able to use that address in your scripts.

You can also use the Reference ID number which is always a unique number and there are lots of HS device functions that use the ref id.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

OK, awsome. Guess I am still stuck in HS2 days where you did it by address and thought that was going to be an issue.

Sorry and thanks for setting me straight!

Comment

Working...
        X