Hstv 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hstv 2.0

Anyone else get this to run. I must be missing something. I can't get the HSTV menu Items to display on the main screen. I don't have any HSTV events or devices being created. I can't run the HSTVadmin.asp page .

I get this error

Script error: Object required: 'hs.Plugin(...)'
    Set MsgSvr = hs.Plugin("Message Server")
    If IsObject(MsgSvr) Then

I can download from the cmdline.

I am lost
    Last edited by Tcassio; August 5, 2005, 09:34 AM.
    Thanks,

T.

I emailed CFGuy about it. Just comment out the lines of code in the .asp file and it will continue on.

Comment

How do you get the events and menu Items to showup???
      Thanks,

T.

Comment

I have an orange button (HSTV) which takes me to the search page. I don't remember how it got there! I thought I'd added it myself via 'Link Editor', but I don't think so...

Did you email CFGuy to get the 2.0 version of HSTV?

Comment

Yes I e-mail CFguy and he emailed it to me. I know I can put the links on the web page, but what about the events that are created. did you install this over the older version, or was it a fresh install? My was fresh. I had the old version working fine in 1.7.44.
          Thanks,

T.

Comment

I'm not sure what you are asking. I've attached 3 jpgs if that helps. The recording events are under '_record' in the HS events list. The 'events' button in HSTV gives a listing of what's scheduled. The 'scheduled' button in HSTV gives an error (at least for me)
            Attached Files

Comment

Blasted thing... OK, here's the third one.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'll take a look this evening at the Message Server check. You do not have to have that plugin installed. HSTV is supposed to check and if you do have it installed then you get some extra options.

As to the menu items, they get added by HS when HSTV is installed via the updater. Since the installer is not doing the install for 2.0 right now, you will have to add the links yourself. You can either use Links Editor or juse edit the settings.ini file.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone
                My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

CFGuy

Apparently, hs.plugin only works if the plugin is installed. hs.GetPlugins is the alternate choice.

I just commented out the hs.plugin calls in 3 asp files (as a temporary fix), since I don't have message server anyway.

See: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ight=hs.plugin

Comment

Is the new HSTV in the updater?
                    Cheers,
                    Bob
                    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Blade

CFGuy emailed it to me...

Comment

Firtha,

How is it working?
                        Cheers,
                        Bob
                        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Seems to be fine... I've got a tape full of shows from last night to watch!

Comment

I got the Message Server check fixed.

I have been running with no problems using SQL Server. I setup Access yesterday to test it and found a problem with the import. I need to check it out and if it works, I'll email out another test to the ones that have requested it.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone
                            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
                            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Working...
                            X